3. Carnival Vista
Our second cruise, the first being on P&O Ventura. Liked the ports of call and also trying out a brand new ship sailing from Barcelona. Having had a great one night stay in Barcelona, the first problem however was our pick up from the Hotel to the Ship. Took a taxi in the end - not Carnival's fault. Embarkation not too bad considering number of passengers involved. Cabin was Havana Premium Balcony near the back of the ship and whilst adequate was not roomy. One fault with the room was that the bathroom door opened outwards toward the bed and had a very sharp edge to it, raised off the floor, and I did end up with a small cut to my foot. Use of Havana pool area during the day was a great thing for us though and also a quiet area to have breakfast some days. I think the Med was a try out for the ship moving to the US later in the year. I was quite surprised at the number of Americans on board however and most things seemed to be aimed at them, as mentioned by other reviewers. Evening Dining - you had to book 15 mins in advance of eating and it was pot luck where you sat in Horizon Dining Room. Sometimes you felt as though in a thoroughfare, with waiters stacked up with trays 5 plates high. This could be dangerous I feel. Also some waits were experienced, but I have to say we found the meals to be excellent and most of the waiters very helpful. Deck10 Buffet Dining - bit of a free for all but good choice most of the time. Lots of food available but a lot of wastage also. The Deli was useful for just ordering sandwiches to order etc. Burger Bar and Pizzas are definitely worth trying out. "Matt, Cruise Director" (as he likes to call himself) was excellent and should be on TV! Service - if you like queueing at Customer Services then go for it. They did not find a higher chair for balcony as requested and end of cruise bill differed from actual, but they were very helpful in trying to sort out our pick up from the Ship. Entertainment - okay. One comedian we encountered was very funny indeed. Shore Excursion Desk- I found the gentleman there most helpful in trying to rearrange some trips we had pre-booked as I had a bad back and had to change for something less strenuous. Definitely 5 star. Spa Talk - informative and useful. However $75 for a cut and blow dry expensive. Drinks - $8.95 for cocktails and if not on some sort of package a good option. I felt I did not get great value out of the Bubbles package over the 8 days because we went on a number of trips. Debarkation (as they called it) - Felt a little like we were being pushed off - luggage was waiting on shore for collection quite early and I would have preferred to take own luggage off and stay on the boat longer. Not fully explained. Overall , experience was good though. Probably a better option for groups/families of all ages. A Fun Ship as they say.

Good but not brilliant - never felt valued

Carnival Vista Cruise Review by WilliamsF1

Burger Bar and Pizzas are definitely worth trying out.

Entertainment - okay. One comedian we encountered was very funny indeed.

WilliamsF1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Vista price drops

Havana Premium Balcony
Cabin HL 6459
Not overly spacious but kept in a marvellously tidy state by James!!
Deck 6 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins