• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

pegleg00
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Mar 2009
Cabin:

My better half (mcbarbee) and I had a fantastic time aboard the Vision. We met a lot of nice folks, went to terrific ports and basked in terrific weather. It seems a good time was had by all, even though we had to shuffle our port schedule around when we turned back towards Galveston for a few hours to meet the US Coast Guard chopper and off-load an injured passenger the first night out to sea. We were told someone fell down the spiral staircase from the Promenade to the Casino and broke her leg. OUCH!! We met lots of nice people at the CC Meet & Greet Party. Hello everyone! The entire staff and crew aboard were fantastic! The food was tremendous and service impeccable. You have GOT to go to Johnny Rocket's. Best burgers I ever had and REAL ice cream shakes. The dining room waitstaff took the time to get to know each of us and ask or automatically bring what we chose to drink during or after dinner. Several times, our waiter anticipated that my wife difficulty in choosing an entree, so they brought extra dinners for us to taste and share. Warm, friendly and professional. Very impressive. We spent out last night at the Porto Fino specialty restaurant. We had already paid for 4 seats as the friends who were supposed to travel with us had to cancel at the last minute. We invited our new tablemates, Scott and Barbara, to dine with us that evening. We had a great time and they were great company. Real classy folks, we'll be seeing them again, soon. Our first stop instead of Cozumel was Roatan HN. We were here once before and thought it was really a nice place to visit. We went to the Fins and Flipper Key resort. What a place! The whole area is ramp accessible so I could use my scooter. Even the ferry shuttle over and back was great. Very helpful for those with difficulties walking or needing assistance. They helped lift the scooter on the boat and on the dock area and back again. The island is fantastic with great nature paths, swimming pool and snorkeling areas. the pool had lots of shade trees, lounge chairs, patio tables. The drinks, beer and food were VERY reasonable and service was very good. The place was immaculate! The only thing negative I could see was they need more restrooms on the upper levels near the pool. Five drinks and 3 food items totaled $27.00! Whoa! Speaking of drinks, the libations on board were pretty pricey. Five and six plus dollars for a beer and regular cocktail and up to $12 for specialty drinks and martinis. These were quite a bit more then we paid from then a year ago. I realized why the drinks were so expensive when we went to some of the shows. They were very, very well done. Very professional. I was practically dragged to the "Ice Show" having no interest in ice skating at all. The show was FANTASTIC! Great skating, stunts and acts on a rink about 1/4 the size of a regular rink. Remarkable! Even the Jambalya contest poolside was fun. And tasty! The chef from Australia beat out the Louisiana chef on the taste and presentation vote. Go figure. Of course, our steward was phenomenal. He jumped through hoops for us. All in all, a really great trip. My wife really did a yeoman's job planning and arranging everything. Way to go mcbarbee, thank you! Let's do it again real soon.

Nice room, good use of nooks and crannys for storage. Beds were pretty comfy but duvets were luxurious.

Port Reviews

Roatan

Fins and Flippers resort was the best excursion we've ever taken in the Caribbean. Clean, accessible to all, first class resort and staff. Plenty of shade and water activities and interesting things to see on the island. Book on line and save $5. The best $20pp we ever spent on vacations. Even the souvenirs were reasonable. Food and drinks were good and cheap. Service was great. They even have shark, sting rays and dolphin pen areas.

Costa Maya

Nice place, good shopping and gifts. Free huge salt water pool and lots of seating for sun worshipers. Very clean and plenty of places to walk, shop, drink, pee. In that order.

Cozumel

Cozumel was Cozumel. We've been there 7-8 times. Weather was beautiful and warm. People were friendly as always. And if you believe the vendors, everything they sell was 'practically free"!

Find a Voyager of the Seas Cruise from $233