3. Liberty of the Seas
Amazing cruise! This was our first cruise with Royal Caribbean and only second ever, the first being 10 years ago so still consider us first timers. We were celebrating my sister's 50th birthday. Embarkation was smooth we arrived around 1pm at the port after dropping off the car and from security to boarding the ship it only took about 45 min. On board we went to our stateroom 1828 right off and some of our luggage was already there. Our stateroom attendant, Erick, was there almost immediately to greet us and introduce himself. He is more than amazing. Erick made sure throughout the cruise he did so much to make our vacation special. He always greeted us by name when he saw us in the hallways and had a smile on his face. He took time to talk with us and get to know us as well as letting us know a little about him and his family. This made us feel like he was a part of the family. Our cabin was one of the new balcony cabins added in January during dry dock. It still smelled new!! No issues at all everything worked and was perfectly clean when we arrived all the way thru when we left. Dining - Booked the Mystery Dinner ahead of time and it was supposed to be on day 4 but was moved to day 1. Had our luggage not arrived quickly this would have been an issue and we still would have preferred for it to be on any other day than Embarkation Day. The show was fun and entertaining, the food was phenomenal from Giovanni's. This will be something we will look to do on each cruise! Chops Grill was also great food. Our waiter "Lito" was so good and entertaining! Food was as expected outstanding and the steak was cooked perfectly. Only criticism would be the peppercorn sauce was a bit salty. Other than that amazing food and great place to eat especially for formal night. Sabor, not sure how I can put this one into words but this restaurant is simply stupendous!!!! First our waiter Marlon was one of the best we have encountered ever. He made sure we were well taken care of. The table side guacamole was out of this world, the flavors were fresh and so yummy that we got a second bowl. I think between the four of us we may have ordered most of the menu!. Best items - calamari (cooked to perfection), bacon wrapped chicken stuffed jalapenos, tortillas soup, fundido, Chicken and corn empanadas, Plato Gordo (roasted duck) burrito, pulled chicken quesadillas, tres queso quesadillas, and deserts chocolate crem brulee and chocolate and banana empanadas. Not so special were the chicken flautas those compared the rest were just ordinary. We enjoyed this one so much we switched our second reservation on formal night #2 from Chops to Sabor! This is a must if you are cruising on Liberty! Johnny Rockets had good hamburgers, onion rings, apple pie and shakes. Down fall this one is it is close to the teen area so no matter what time you are more likely to encounter loud teens. MDR breakfast was best on the ship. Dining Disappointments - Windjammer we tried for breakfast once and lunch once food was similar to Las Vegas buffet's and not a place for anyone with adversion to crowed areas with people who don't feel like they should control their children. Royal is not to blame for that and for large scale buffet it was ok you can probably find something. Room Service breakfast seemed like they made the plates from the buffet. Felt like the eggs could have been fresh scrambled like in the main dining room and very limited selections. MDR dinner - This probably would have been good to us first night but since our specialty Mystery Dinner was moved to the first night and our first dining experience was a specialty one it made the food in the MDR seem very blah. We had my time dining which was great for us being able to go whenever we wanted to go and the wait staff were good but the food was lacking compared to the food in the specialty restaurants. If you are bored on a cruise it is your own fault! The Cruise director and her activities and entertainment crew were on top of everything. Must see/do shows IMHO Broadway Saturday Night Fever, Air Show, Ice Skating Spectacular, Adults only The Quest, Battle of the Sexes, 70's Disco inferno on the promanade, and Derek Lewis at the Hoof and Claw. Ports and Excursions - If shopping in port is your goal Adam and Kate were the best at knowing where to send you for what you are looking for. Additionally if you buy an item at one of their recommended stores and have and issue with the item they do everything possible to help. Case in point my husband purchased a bracelet for me in Belize. That evening I put it on to go to the show and noticed within a few minutes the bracelet was not on my wrist. After a few hours of panic, retracing steps, and visit to guest services and security it was found! Adam personally took it back to the vendor in the next port for me while we were on our morning excursion and by the afternoon I was able to pick up my repaired bracelet! We only booked one excursion thru RCCL at Cozumel, the VIP Doplhin Swim. This was an amazing time. So much fun and the all inclusive food and drinks were really good. If you talk with one of the photo sales people they made you a better deal than their advertised package prices which was why we bought the photos. In Roatan we booked privately Little French Key and LOVED this place. Small private island amazing food, clean, strong drinks, and awesome staff. See my extended review on trip advisor. https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g292019-d2285434-r369403074-Little_French_Key-Roatan_Bay_Islands.html#REVIEWS All in all this was a great cruise. Personally I believe that a cruise is what you make of it and ours was made great with the help of the staff of the Liberty of the Seas. We enjoyed it so much we booked two more cruises while on board one of them is on the Liberty of the Seas again!

AMAZING CRUISE!!!!

Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by twalker002

MDR breakfast was best on the ship.

twalker002’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas price drops

New and very clean. Thought being on the 12th Deck there might be more issues with motion but actually felt the motion more often on the lower levels than in our room. Very quiet and conveniently located to the Deck 11 Solarium pool for adults and sky bar. If you like the spa also on the same deck. Would book this one again if booking that category!
  Liberty of the Seas Deck Plans