CRUISE ON THE OCEANIA RIVERIA DEPARING FEB 22, 2016. CABIN 7122
I have waited some time to reflect on this cruise, calm down and get over my disappointment and disgust. This was to be my first luxury cruise. As it turned out it was the cruise from hell for the reasons listed below. Because of the reasons listed below it will also be my last on an Oceania cruise ship.
1. No notification that the prior cruise came in early due to norovirus, which had we known, we would have cancelled so that we would not be exposed to any lingering effects of the virus.
2. Long delay until we were able to get the room/more staff should have been on hand to handle the backlog that you knew would occur. Also water and snacks could have been served.
3. Bad crew attitude/unresponsive/little English
4. Our cabin was quite dirty with stained carpets and severe sweat stains on the chaise lounge chairs. We were told that the stains were due to the cleaner used to sanitize the carpets. No so. My boyfriend took a wet rag and black dirt readily came out of the carpet. This condition existed because the crew overlooked the dirt. Not what one would expect from a "luxury ship". We spoke with an individual who was able to get the carpets and chaise lounge seats cleaned while we were in Nassau. While it was better it was far from perfect.
5. Frayed robes
6. The common area carpets could use replacing-as could all the ships carpet and the comments thought the furniture looked aged. This ship is only 4 years old but looks 20.
7. What’s up with the thrusters?? We cruise a lot (9 in 14 months) and we have NEVER been so shaken awake at 8 am on 2 mornings as from the severe vibration when pushing into a dock.
8. Staff should clear prime window tables so others may use them. The dining room had a habit of saying none available instead of cleaning them right away—everyone wants a window seat so prepare for cleaning.
9.Wine menu expensive and not that good-We had a $55 bottle of Red Zin and it got worse as it breathed. Thought it was me but the guy next to me smelled it and didn’t even want to taste it.
10. We were the only couple told to finish eating and leave the buffet because it was closing while there were still people in the buffet line waiting to get food.
There were some positives. The breakfast menu in the dining room is the best ever. The Red Ginger restaurant is superb. There were several crew members/servers who provided outstanding service. But the negatives still out way any positive.
We have been on 9 cruises/3 different cruise lines in the last year and have enjoyed every one of them. Oceania is definitely not included in this group.They breached their contract to furnish a superior upgraded “luxury “ cruise failing to do so in many ways. It is sad to say that we have never wanted to leave a ship as much as we did when we hit the gangway to get off in Miami. We would have left in Nassau were we able to get our money back.
we walked around a town
Walked around and had a great lunch at a local restaurant
nothing to do could dock closer to town
rented a taxi and drove the island had a great lunch at Grand Case
did not get off the ship
walked around town