3. Adventure of the Seas
We arrived San Juan two days prior to our cruise and stayed at the Condado Plaza Hilton. We had a street facing room. The bed and pillows were very uncomfortable, which kept me awake, which made me realize how loud the street noise was at night. Other than that, the room was nice and the hotel staff was pleasant. We arrived the port at 1130am. We asked about the Diamond line but were told it didn't open until noon. We got in line to drop off our luggage with the porter. A few minutes later, one of the porters came to us and told us to move to a different line, which was the Diamond line. We didn't realize that the porter who lead us to the new line, actually put us in the front of the line. We found that out when some people behind us pointed that out in a less than gentle manner. (no need to be a jerk!) We went to the back of the line, but realized we should have just stayed put in the original line, because we would have been done a lot faster. Our check in was smooth and fast. Once on board, we headed to the Duck and Dog for our traditional "first drink". I wished I could remember the bartender's name that helped us there, because he was a real sweetheart! On to our room- it was clean and cool. Some wear and tear was visible. The toilet and seat had lots of scratches on it, which gave it a dirty appearance. Our bed appeared new and was really comfortable. The balcony had two chairs and a table instead of the lounger chair. The menu in the Main Dining seems to have gotten a make over. We were pleased with the new selections, the food was tasty and hot. The service, on the other hand........ Our waiter was requested by one of our table-mates. She had him on a previous cruise and loved his service. I wished he was good as she had led us to believe. He hardly gave us time to read over the menu, wasn't very nice if we asked for more than one dish and left our dirty dishes in front of us for too long (clocked at 27 minutes one day). Did I mention he was rapping while serving? Yah, could have done without that..... My husband asked for salad one night, which was completely overlooked. He never got it or an "oops, I forgot". Giovanni's was fabulous! Love that place! Freddy was a very attentive server!! We didn't visit the shows, visited with friends in the Diamond lounge and Concierge lounge instead. The Diamond Lounge was packed every night and unfortunately the service was not good. We had to wait for somewhere to sit and wait again for our server to make their way to us. Cleon was the concierge in the Diamond Lounge (nice touch!) he was really attentive and tried finding us seating when he could. In the Concierge lounge, bartender Twiford was a gem! He knew my name and drink order after the first visit!! Disembarkation was a bit of a zoo. Normally we go off with the Diamonds but this time we were given a later departure time. By the time we made it down, the line for Customs was long. We got to know our porter pretty well.... In summery- the cruise was fun. The staff, for the most part, was very kind and the ship did show evidence of wear and tear.

Fun Cruise

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by IslandDreamers

Our check in was smooth and fast.

Our bed appeared new and was really comfortable.

The balcony had two chairs and a table instead of the lounger chair.

Giovanni's was fabulous! Love that place! Freddy was a very attentive server!!

IslandDreamers’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas price drops

Robert, our stateroom attendant, was very attentive! We hardly saw him but he kept our room clean and smelling good! The room showed some wear (toiled was very scratched) but the bed was the most comfortable I've had on any ship yet! Kind of surprised that they took the lounge chair off the balcony and replaced it with two chairs.
  Adventure of the Seas Deck Plans