3. Crown Princess
My first cruise, just wanted a short, relaxing getaway to see if I would enjoy it. Used EZAir and Princess Transfer, which were very smooth despite my flight getting cancelled and replaced by another. I was on the ship within 90 minutes of landing at LAX. There were plenty of helpful staff at the airport and the cruise terminal and almost no lines anywhere. In general the ship was very nice, clean, did not feel crowded (except for maybe the Piazza), and easy to navigate. There were plenty of friendly and helpful crew around. The other passengers were to my liking: friendly and not too rowdy. Entertainment was okay: a comedian whom I found hilarious and a nice dance show, but the comedy/juggling act one night (called Team Rootberry) was shockingly bad. Food was good and plentiful. I am a vegetarian and ate well for the most part, though I think my head waiter could have been more helpful with dinner choices (I've written a separate review with pictures here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=49150111). Pizza was good, but I don't know why it's been called "the best pizza at sea" unless pizza on other cruise lines is just bad. Room service was good, though I wish they had more vegetarian choices, and the room service breakfast, while simple, was prompt and nice to be able to eat on the balcony. I didn't participate in many excursions as I just wanted to relax on the boat. The tour to La Bufadora in Ensenada was nice. I also didn't attend many enrichment activities onboard, except one health seminar that was more an advertisement for a detox program offered by the spa. I had a nice massage, but probably not worth the cost just to have it on a boat. Disembarkation was good, although less smooth than embarkation. Again, I was at the airport within 90 minutes of my disembarkation time. Princess requests that passengers not arrive at their assigned meeting place for disembarkation early, so I arrived two minutes early only to find that my group had already left. For some reason crew is scant during disembarkation and I couldn't find anyone to ask where I should go. Not a big deal but a little frustrating. Overall, a relaxing cruise with good service for a reasonable price.

Smooth and Relaxing First Cruise

Crown Princess Cruise Review by Sattvika

• Sail Date: February 2016
  • Destination: Pacific Coastal
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Overall, a relaxing cruise with good service for a reasonable price.
Sattvika’s Full Rating Summary
Get Crown Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BE C235
I believe the Caribe (Deck 10) balconies are the largest on this ship, and partly covered so you can enjoy sun and shade. It was great for me because I spent a lot of time on my balcony and didn't mind that upper balconies looked down on mine. Bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in. Steward was friendly and helpful. Like the rest of the ship, the room was a little worn and the bathroom a little musty, but overall very comfortable.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins