3. Carnival Breeze
This was my fourth cruise with Carnival and the second on a Dream class ship. I flew into Miami the day before the trip, this flight was not booked through the Cruise Line. Spent the night the Comfort Inn Miami Airport North. The hotel provided a complimentary shuttle to the cruise port. The embarkation process in Miami is crowed, the layout of the security area is congested and feels disorganized. The port building itself feels like a shed where you wait to board. The cruise employee working the check in desk was incredibly unmotivated. The task of obtaining our Sail and Sign cards couldn't have been provided slower. The ship is nice but consistently decorated in drab browns and showing signs of wear. The carpets have visible traffic patterns and grime and the tile in the Lido Marketplace is constantly slick. Not much else to say about the ship itself. Aboard the ship there were a lot of activities, the water slides were fun to use while most people were on shore excursions one day. There was a ropes coarse my family enjoyed a lot as well. Once people return to the ship the enjoyment goes down a bit. Service was consistently good from our cabin steward. After a few nights of frequenting the atrium for music the waitress was always there to get our drink order. The cooks in all the Lido Marketplace restaurants were friendly and seemed to genuinely enjoy what they were doing. We had a very large group with many children, and the wait staff in the dining room never seemed overwhelmed or impatient with the antic of children. This has generally been my experience with cruise ship crew. The staff at the guest services desk was helpful with my noise complaints (more on that later) but really was unable to resolve the issue to my satisfaction. During the trip we enjoyed the ports. Grand Turk isn't really that interesting to me. San Juan was amazing and is easy to explore on your own. On St. Kitts we booked the scenic railway tour, well worth it. On St. Maarten we visited The Butterfly farm and did some shopping in Marigot, also a great excursion. My biggest complaint is the cabin. I booked a Cloud 9 Spa (8S) cabin and was very disappointed. The cabin is next to the fitness center. All day I could hear the weight equipment being used. 7AM until as late as 11:30PM my room would rattle. A few nights into the cruise the ship rented the Serenity deck out to a private party that raged until after 1AM. None of this is acceptable for a relaxing spa vacation. The Cloud 9 Spa package is really just unlimited use of the Thermal Suite, discounts on already overpriced spa services and a couple of free yoga classes that you'll never make it to if you sleep in, go ashore, or dine early. Save the money, book a balcony on deck 8 and get a few day passes to the Thermal Suite. Dining options were varied and generally very good. The main dining room meals were great. The At Sea Day Brunch is a favorite as well. The food in the Lido Marketplace was decent, but consistently carbohydrate laden. The burrito stand and Indian eateries were stand outs. Guy Fieri's burger joint was awful, flavorless and greasy. On board the ship my favorite thing was the constant live music. Nightly in the atrium there was live music to listen to. The atrium was also nice as that it was not crowded like the other venues on the ship. I stopped at the piano bar once, it was fun. The second night he just does the same routine. I also stayed up late for a movie on the Lido deck. the movie however cut out just at the conclusion and never finished. The debarkation process was super easy. I booked a transfer to Miami International through the cruise line. I stopped for breakfast at the Lido Marketplace and ate back in my cabin. As soon as my floor was called for self assist I was down the elevator with my bags and off the ship. The location of the motor coach I booked could have been marked with better signage and was difficult to locate. Once at the airport we were dropped at the outside check in station for our airline which made check in a breeze. Overall the trip was average when I was expecting amazing. The Cloud 9 Spa room failed to live up the hype. The spa was nice, but not as indulgent as expected. The service was always polite and efficient. Given the cabin noise and the somewhat aged state of the ship I probably won't book a cruise with Carnival again for a while.

Average Cruise

Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by ottoj55

ottoj55’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Breeze price drops

Spa Balcony
Cabin 8S 12001
My only real complaint is the cabin. I booked a Cloud 9 Spa (8S) cabin and was very disappointed. The cabin is next to the fitness center. All day I could hear the weight equipment being used. 7AM until as late as 11:30PM my room would rattle. A few nights into the cruise the ship rented the Serenity deck out to a private party that raged until after 1AM. None of this is acceptable for a relaxing spa vacation. The Cloud 9 Spa package is really just unlimited use of the Thermal Suite, discounts on already overpriced spa services and a couple of free yoga classes that you'll never make it to if you sleep in, go ashore, or dine early. Save the money, book a balcony on deck 8 and get a few day passes to the Thermal Suite.
Spa & Sports Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins