3. Star Legend
This was our first Windstar non-sailing experience and I came back impressed with the week in the Caribbean. With snow making travel more than a little inconvenient for many passengers, it was hard not to be excited at arriving in San Juan and being on the Star Legend an hour after deplaning. We were in our cabin about 15 minutes after arriving at the port terminal with a painless embarkation process. Reviews are accurate that the cabins are much larger than on the WindSurf and it was nice having the extra bathroom, closet and relaxation space. We were happy to see several crew members from previous trips and experienced wonderful service from the eager bar and wait staff. It doesn't take long for the crew to acknowledge you by name and engage you on a daily basis. It's probably one of the things we have found to enjoy most about the line; service and recognition are important and it makes for a very satisfying experience. A quick note about the liquor package. I was wondering if I should order it and a previous guest made a great point about it on a previous cruise, His comment was something like this: " Do you like a Mimosa/screwdriver/bloody sometimes during breakfast? Maybe a beer or glass of wine at lunch? How about a Pina Colada or Mojito in the afternoon by the pool (and if you fall asleep reading, ordering another one because the ice melted and your beverage is watery)? How about Chardonnay with your salad or fish and Cabarnet or Pinot if it pairs well with the rest of your dinner? An after dinner cordial listening to the band at the Star Bar? You broke even around dinner time. The ability to change your mind if you didn't like the "drink of the day" on deck and reverted to your old stand by, the opportunity to try a number of different wines both red and white and not worry about it was great. I know there were a few nights I tried several different wines with dinner having a little of each before settling on the one that I wanted. No problem...there was always a new glass and a new opportunity to find something I liked that I didn't know about. The drink package allowed me to do that. Oh, and the mini bar is included, too. The key was not about getting obliterated on the cruise but about having the opportunity to try a number of different things that I normally wouldn't. The food was very good and we had another beautiful evening at Candles on an evening off of Jost Van Dike. Got to see Montserrat, an island not on many itineraries. The volcanic devastation is remarkable and was an experience for those who took one the tours available from the ship or, as we did, just hiring a taxi at the pier and arranging it yourself. One other island was new to us this year, Culebra, off of Puerto Rico. We didn't do too much but the turtle tour was a big hit, except for some who likely weren't really physically up to it. With some wave action, it was difficult for some moving around. All in all, another great Windstar experience. The crew and quality make the difference.

Delightful Star Legend Cruise

Star Legend Cruise Review by thawoutnow

• Sail Date: January 2016
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Suite

" Do you like a Mimosa/screwdriver/bloody sometimes during breakfast?

Maybe a beer or glass of wine at lunch?

An after dinner cordial listening to the band at the Star Bar?

thawoutnow’s Full Rating Summary
Get Windstar Star Legend price drops

Ocean View Suite
Cabin S 108
Cabin was always clean and service was impressive. Maybe away for breakfast for 30-40 minutes and it was all put together upon return...every time.
Deck 4 Suite Cabins