3. Star Legend
We just returned home form our 4th Windstar cruise. This was our first on the newly fitted power yacht, Star Legend. I must admit, we were a bit scared by the early reviews of the ship from the summer of 2015 as the ship was newly launched into the Windsatr fleet. We went with an open mind and the hope after several "shakedown" cruises, the ship would have it down pat.......That they did! We had the best time on the spacious ship. My wife and I could not decide which ship we liked more...the new power Star Legend or the sail Wind Surf. It was refreshing to be on a newly fitted boat. Yes, the ship is 25 years old, yet it did not feel that way. All the public rooms were fresh and full of nice amenities. The cabins were all much larger than on the Wind Surf . Food was good. My wife just started a restricted gluten free regimen and they were happy to prepare whatever she wanted! The service was fantastic! As repeaters, we remembered several staff members , who remembered us ( or made us feel that way) Indeed, the 170 passengers were well taken care of by the 150 crew. The swim deck is great and the staff there was fun and so helpful. We took a few excursions...you must go to the buried city Plymouth on Monserratt. It was so eerie and interesting. The America's Cup yacht sailing experience was one of the best excursions we've ever taken. My only minor complaint was there was no great "band" in the Compass Rose lounge. It is such a great space with great service (Rod) and was pretty quiet at night. In closing, Windstar has done a nice job getting this ship to deliver a great experience!

Pay Attention to Recent Star Legend Reviews!!

Star Legend Cruise Review by CP2846

• Sail Date: January 2016
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Suite

CP2846’s Full Rating Summary
Get Windstar Star Legend price drops

Ocean View Suite
Cabin S 101
Great, spacious cabin with full bathroom

Room Steward Andreas was outstanding

We did hear the anchor go down at 7 am everyday....pretty funny!
Deck 4 Suite Cabins