• Newsletter
  • Cruise Tips

MSC Divina Review

Editor Rating
3 Awards

Wow! The Yacht Club exceeded expectations!

Review for MSC Divina to the Western Caribbean
tglazebrook
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Nov 2015
Cabin: Yacht Club Deluxe Suite

We usually avoid large ships at all costs, but this cruise had a special jazz program that my husband wanted to participate in. I was incredibly reluctant to go until I read about the "ship within a ship": the Yacht Club. It seemed like a viable option for someone who doesn't like large crowds and likes all inclusive rather than signing a tab for every drink, including coffee.

We've been on some high end smaller ships that we love and will sail again. But, I have to admit the service, the attention, the food, the privacy in the Yacht Club exceeded my expectations. With a private lounge, private pool and private restaurant the ambiance of a small ship is actually there on the top two floors of a 4000+ passenger ship. It's not being snooty; it's just that I hate crowds and this concept serves me perfectly. We've been fortunate to have done a few Caribbean cruises, so the ports were not particularly interesting so we were ship bound by choice. That makes it all the more important to have a ship that you literally call home for a week or two. The Yacht Club served that purpose well.

The restaurant was a special treat. Italian with exquisite service, homemade pasta every day, fantastic fish and almost anything you could ask for. Very impressive. Personalized service from servers who quickly remembered your preferences and graciously provided them every day with a smile and genuine pleasant conversation. A gregarious maître de kept the restaurant moving to make it a delightful experience.

Yacht Club Deluxe Suite

Cabin YC1

Incredibly small. Bath is a one person only adventure. Balcony helps make it seem larger, but it is still small. If you're in the Yacht Club, you have plenty of nice public spaces but if you are a cabin dweller, this is tiny.

Port Reviews

Cartagena (Colombia)

Tour guide was in another vehicle trying to communicate via a poor electronic system. We heard nothing and the carriage driver did speak English or Spanish.

8 Helpful Votes