MSC Divina Cruise Review
1,756 Reviews

MSC Divina: not for me again.

MSC Divina Cruise Review by Gillro

• Sail Date: Oct 2015
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

My wife and I were on an 18 day Repositioning cruise from Barcelona, Spain to Miami, USA with 8 Ports of Call (including Miami) from Oct. 25 to Nov. 11 2015.

Pros:1- Exceptional itinerary. 2- The MSC Divina is , for sure, a beautiful ship, super clean and spotless. 3- Our cabin, with balcony, was spacious and roomy. 4- The staff delivered a commendable service and they were most accommodating. 5- The shows were mostly OK but 2 were outstanding. 6- And those 5 days in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean was a peaceful and relaxing experience. We have enjoyed every minute of it.

Cons: 1- The food in the Main Dining room was average... or below. Mostly tasteless and barely warm. Nothing fancy! We would expect better for the cost of such a cruise. 2- The buffet - deck 14 - was OK but almost the same, day after day. Nothing fancy there too. There were so many people in that room that you need to look all around if you don't want to bump on people or be hit. When you finally got your plate filled, good luck to find a table!! I'm not sure how, but there must be a better way to handle such a crowd. Look for Disney for clues! 3- Internet: if it was for free, I would have said it's an absolute disaster!. But for half a USD a minute, it's a steel! Not only was it slow when near the coast but it cost me my last 14 min. to send a simple text message just to realize that it was never sent! And to top it all, ABSOLUTELY NO SERVICE during the 5 days crossing the ocean! I repeat: INTERNET IS A STEEL!

4- The chairs on the decks: If you're not up by 6 A.M. forget it. Rules are that if you leave your towel unattended on your chair for more than 30 min. it will be removed and the chair will become available for others. But this rule is not enforced. 5- The excursions: If you do not take the MSC excursions, you are almost left in the dark! They should provide some basic information on what you should know and see BEFORE disembarking and come up with a decent map to help you prepare your own excursion. It was even more important considering that you could not make your own research on Internet, (Please refer to #3)

6- Unless you are a heavy drinker, do not take the booze package: much much too expensive. The fact is that while waiting for the ship to duck, many employees from MSC sell you (not to say PUSH) the drink and whine package like as if it was the hottest deal in town. They manage to make you think it is going to cost you a fortune if you don't buy the package. Believe me, it's the other way around.

Would I do this cruise again? Of course I would but most likely not with MCS. I've been on cruises with other cruise liner and to my regret, MSC quotes last on my list..

Gillro's Full Rating Summary

Balcony Stateroom

Barcelona

Just a City tour. No more time

Madeira (Funchal)

What a beautiful island! Wehave walked the City, took the Gondola to the top. WOW! What a view for 14 euro. People are receptive and ready to help.

Barbados

We took a taxi ( 40 USD) for a City Tour (1 hour) . Interesting but I suggest you question the driver before accepting his offer. Ours was talking very fast and did listen too much for our questions..

Martinique

Took a taxi. 30 USD/person for a 4 hour tour. This driver has travelled around the world and was very knowledgeable. Made en extensive tour inside the island, visited a brick factory, the museum of Napoleon, a banana field, and more. This is the best tour we've made on this cruise.

Gillro