3. Norwegian Escape
I stayed in a Haven Spa room #16100. This is suppose to be a 3 person spa room, it actually is a 4 person spa room and the other Haven spa rooms are all 3 person NOT 2. While in the Haven courtyard area there were a number of children unsupervised throwing balls all in the pool area, between the top deck & pool area, jumping on the furniture in between the pool area & screaming, running through the Haven in front of concierge as well as rearranging the furniture on the upper deck 19. I paid a ton of money over 11K to be in the Haven & my family & I never once enjoyed the pool area because of these children or any part of the Haven. They were in the hallways throwing balls and playing dodge ball, screaming up and down the stairs and even playing in the elevator. The Haven is supposed to be a retreat NOT romper room. Adrian did address all those parents whom in turned yelled at him. If one of those kids would struck me or someone else in the face with that ball, you would’ve been sued, if one of those kids running or playing their dodge ball in the hall wall while someone was walking & knocked someone over, you would’ve been sued, if one of those children would’ve fell because of their jumping & running in the pool area & hurt themselves, their parent would’ve been screaming & yelling at all of you & wanting to sue. They have over 3,000 cameras everywhere including the Haven and still nothing was done. I went down to guest services several times & still nothing was done. I met with the Assistant Hotel Director & he was upset this was going on, plus I should him my videos. He told me he was going to reach out to corporate to inform them as on what occurred. There were kids in the adult only sections several times on the ship. Skyline had a toddler running thru & around the stage while the wonderful singer performed. The adults with the child were drinking & hanging out on the couches. Several people got up & left. The last night a young man took two young girls behind one of the curtains & sat on the couch next to my husband with his arm around them & then a woman came over & asked the girls if they wanted a rum & coke. I informed the waitress, she informed security & they were escorted out. The girls indeed were only 16 years old. I am happy that their team acted swiftly because this could’ve turned out badly for all parties. Overall the cruise ship is beautiful BUT the lack of caring about other guests in the Haven whom paid their money also is quite disturbing to me. The kids is a HUGE issue with me because of the lack of caring on the parents part, the attitude of guest services about the kids in general & telling guests well it’s thanksgiving & we are a family cruise ship is no answer. If any adult tries to go into the kid areas: their clubs we would be asked to leave! Why not make the Haven have a minimum age limit on it to ensure other guests who paid good money to be there enjoy it as well. Or have some sort of agreement prior to sailing for all parents to ensure they will not allow their children to do certain things on the cruise ship & if they do act this way consequences will ensue & if they get hurt NCL is not liable. The food in the Haven was wonderful if you like to wait 2 hours for it. This included breakfast. We went to all the specialty restaurants. The service on all of them was extremely slow. It was 2+ hours at Bistro for 3 people. That is crazy! Service was slow in all the bars. Plus there was no apple pucker to make an apple martini or Washington apple martini. I was informed that corporate was going with new things and getting rid of certain alcohols because the bars are all specialty including the Haven. There is no where that it says Skyline is specialty or Haven bar. So, the beverage manager got apple pucker in St. Thomas. I was very grateful to him. His put apple pucker everywhere for me, I told him if anyone wants a martini made with apple pucker let them, I want everyone to enjoy themselves. The shows were GREAT!!! I loved For the Record! Went to see it 2x with my son and then he saw it a 3rd time. If you like John Hughes movies you’ll love this show, if you don’t know the movies you won’t like it! The Jazz Show was incredible…BEST SHOW! We even got to see the Tenors of Rock…Outstanding! The comedians on board Rodney Lane and Warren Hall were extremely funny, I saw all there shows. Overall the ship is absolutely beautiful BUT it is apparent that they need more staff members and some things MUST change.

NCL Escape during Thanksgiving was the worst cruise ever.

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by Died3times