• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

pnickel
First Time Cruiser • Age 70s

Sail Date: Sep 2015
Cabin: Deluxe Stateroom with French Balcony

This was our first cruise, if I have to dress for dinner, I won't go. We went 3 days early to spend some time in Munich (was stationed in the area while in the army). Munich should be a pre-cruise choice. Took the train to Passau and had no trouble finding the ship. During the cruise all of the excursions were great. Especially the "Back-stage tour of the Vienna Boys Choir" where we got to hear a 45-minute concert by one of the choirs and meet them afterwards. The castle in Bratislava is really impressive at night. The Hungarian horsemen tour was surprising, I didn't know what to expect, but it was fantastic. David, the Program Director was exceptionally good. The cabin was plenty big enough for us. Always clean and neat. The food service was special. I had a diet-coke (my preferred caffeine) at the table for breakfast almost before I sat down. The food was excellent. I enjoyed the Chef coming around to talk to everyone. The only downside was something that can't be foreseen, low water in Budapest. We didn't miss anything, just had longer bus rides to places and back to the ship. All in all it was well worth doing. We have been telling our friends that they should go.

Deluxe Stateroom with French Balcony

Cabin A

The cabin was plenty big enough for us. Always clean and neat.

Port Reviews

Bratislava

The castle is very impressive at night. The old town is very intriguing.

4 Helpful Votes