• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

BburgPeg
First Time Cruiser • Age 70s

Sail Date: Jun 2015
Cabin:

This was my first major cruise. After reading some reviews of earlier cruises, I understood that there could be problems. I attributed the problems others had reported to the growing pains that happen with any new venture.

I arranged my own travel from Roanoke to Stockholm and my return from Iceland. It allowed me the flexibility to travel on a great business class fare and to arrive a day early. I stayed at the Hotel Riddergatan which was well located and reasonably priced.

From the moment I embarked, the Viking experience was first rate. I was traveling solo and found the staff and other guests welcoming. Each day was an adventure from the first cup of coffee in my room to a nightcap in the Explorer Lounge at night! Timing is everything and they had it down to a science by the time I cruised. I chose to do both included and "for a fee" shore excursions. They were informative and provided a good overview of the ports of call. I'm already planning to return to some destinations so I can see them in more depth than a cruise allows.

Cabin Penthouse Veranda

My cabin was spacious, well organized and kept thoroughly clean.

Find a Viking Star Cruise from $3,299