3. Rhapsody of the Seas
Things that I didn’t like about Rhapsody of the Sea: Food- Food tasted like hospital food - it actually came out on the same type of covered plate they give you in a hospital. They brought fresh squeezed OJ to your table at breakfast, but you had to pay $5.50 for a glass- otherwise you got some other OJ?? Always ran out of coffee at breakfast buffet in morn. If you wanted a decent meal, you had to go to one of the three specialty restaurants, which cost additional $40 per couple. We felt it very unfair to have to pay to get decent food. The specialty rest. on other cruises were available if you wanted to try something different or more private- not to just get a decent meal. Excursions- 2 of our booked excursions were cancelled the night before- one reason was mechanical failure?? and the other was not enough response, although we were told they had 22 people sign up and it was an expensive tour $149.00 per person. The tours that we did go on , never started on time. On one occasion we were waiting around 30 minutes past the time. On one tour at the end we were brought to 1 store only (in Athens where there is a whole shopping area) The items in this 1 store were almost triple the price elsewhere . I bought a bowl for $10 the day before, and this shop had the exact same bowl for $25. I questioned the tour guide and she stated it was part of the tour. I asked her if they paid the cruise ship for the stop and she could not answer me. Stateroom- we never received any amenities (shampoo, condit, body wash etc) We were told that they started only giving them to suite staterooms. Water constantly ran out of shower into bathroom. We wound up taking showers in the Spa, because although they had the exact same type of showers, the showers in the spa had a door, unlike just a curtain in our room. Entertainment- below par- used to Broadway or Las Vegas type shows, and these were not of that quality at all. NEVER got a lounge chair by the pool- we sat in chairs we dragged from the dining room. If you ate lunch around pool, it was a long time before anyone came to clear them- both times I had to ask for someone to come. Positive- Our waitstaff and cabin attendant were very good and the Greek Islands were AMAZING!!

Very Disappointed

Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by kathryn1628@gmail.com

• Sail Date: August 2015
  • Destination: Greece
Things that I didn’t like about Rhapsody of the Sea:

Always ran out of coffee at breakfast buffet in morn.

kathryn1628@gmail.com’s Full Rating Summary