3. Norwegian Star
Captain Matias was amazing! His personalized greetings every day was a very nice touch. Overall staff was excellent. Food was mediocre, not what we are used to from NCL. We had the drink package which is supposed to include all you can drink. However, there is a cap on the cost of the drink. We were not able to order bottles of wine, which is understandable. However, our drinks could not be more than $11.00. There were some glasses of wine that exceeded the $11.00 cap and we were not allowed to pay the difference. Had I known this in advance I would not have chosen this package. I also felt that Norwegian should have notified passengers of the need for a Visa in Russia. The shore excursions were overpriced and this is due to the monopoly NCL has on the port. Most of the passengers I spoke to did not have prior knowledge about needing a visa in Russia. We had 2 days in this port, so passengers had no choice but to sign up for the pricey shore excursions. Also, Berlin is 3 hours from the port - this also should have been clarified. NCL charges $200 per person for transportation, we were able to do if for less then $50.00 per person. Regardless, we spent 6 hours traveling to and from Berlin and only had 4 hours in Berlin. It was exhausting!

Baltic Cruise