3. Radiance of the Seas
I have been a dedicated Loyal to Royal cruiser for over 10 years. I hope to NEVER cruise with them ever again. For starters, the entire on-line process was not user friendly. I am not some luddite and I am getting an MBA on-line. I know how to navigate websites, however, every single time I needed to do anything on line I had to call and have someone walk me through the process. I was never able to complete on-line check in, and RCCL refused to allow me to do anything with my minor child's check in. When I called to complain I was basically told,"sorry about your luck". And then I got on board. Our bathroom flooded every single time we took a shower. My daugher was staying in an adjacent cabin and had the same complaint. The bed was extremely uncomfortable, and I considered sleeping on the floor. The cabin smelled like mildew, and I am certain that had something to do with the flooding bathroom. The food was downright horrid. We actually LOST weight on this cruise the food was so bad. The food in the windjammer was always cold. If you wanted orange juice that wasn't watered down, it was an up charge. As a matter of fact, upcharge was the theme of the boat. We had gotten so many bad meals at the windjammer, we started going to the dining room for all meals. With every meal someone from the ship was trying to sell us something. It was like cruising with the strawmarket on board. I'm beginning to wonder if RCCL is having financial troubles. My daughter wanted to buy things from the ship's store. For whatever reason, her seapass was showing up invalid. The clerk said she would have to bring her actual credit card to complete the purchase, then charged her $50 to use it! RCCL is clearly spending all their money on their new mega ships and putting no dollars into upkeep of their other ships. The carpets were threadbare, decorative tiles were missing, the vinyl backing on dozens of chairs in the windjammmer were peeling. The ship looked shabby. Needless to say, I am done sailing with RCCL.

Worst cruise ever

Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by branaman

• Sail Date: June 2015
  • Destination: Alaska

branaman’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas price drops

The cabin was in an excellent location. Even though it was next to the stairs, noise was never an issue. It was a quick walk to the dining room and theater.
  Radiance of the Seas Deck Plans