3. Carnival Liberty
We had a balcony cabin on the 6th floor and it was nice, spacious, and very comfortable. The problems I had with the cruise was that the food was less than I expected, we skipped Peurto Rico, and there was only 1 nightclub in which smoking was allowed. The shows were good, not great, but entertaining but there were only 2 shows for the week. The comedians were very good and a highlight of the cruise. Too bad the room wasn't bigger to accommodate everyone who wanted to attend each night. Let me start with the food. The breakfast and lunches were fine and the lido deck with buffets, burgers, and pizza was pretty good. The sit down dinners were not that good. The menus was repeated each night with 3 or 4 differences. The prime rib was 1/4" thick, the filet mignon was only 1/2" thick, and they never offered a rib eye steak. The food quality I rated at a B. I expected more. If you wanted a real filet mignon, you could order it for $20 extra, which I did and it was good. However, it came after the other 9 people at our table was through their dinners. Our first stop was Grand Turk, which we took the ATV excursion which we enjoyed. However, Grand Turk is nothing to be proud of. I didn't see any nice places on the island and was very disappointed there. The next stop was supposed to be San Juan, but we were delayed at Grand Turk for 8 hours and finally when we left, the captain didn't even try to make up any time so we could stop at San Juan. His cruising speed was 17 knots, and that's what he stayed at. But, on the way home he started booking it at 22 knots. Why couldn't he have done that so we could of stopped at San Juan and at least a few hours. If you don't like sun bathing or gambling, then another day at sea is not all that enjoyable. There was only one night club, which allowed smoking which I did not like. Also there was only a few tunes which we liked, and the rest were geared to the younger crowd. The ship was a majority of the older crowd and not having a night club with alternative themes was a real let down. They did have a couple other bands, but the dancing was limited to the floor between the casino and bar. Not good. And to make matters worse, the photographers set up in the same area so the seating became limited. A couple of nights there weren't any seats to just sit and listen to the band. St. Maarten was ok, but I would not recommend taking the Rhino Boat excursion. It was ok, but really didn't see the island and even though they say snorkeling is part of the trip, it really isn't. This was my choice, but I would recommend a bus trip around the island. The pools were ok if you like sitting in the sun, the SPA was good and had knowledgeable beauticians and workers in there. Well, that's my report. Too bad it wasn't that enjoyable as this was my girlfriends first cruise and she really didn't care for it, especially the food.

Carnival Liberty Cruise - Eastern Caribbean

Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by Mike_tbone

Mike_tbone’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Liberty price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8E 672
Nice, spacious, good attendants, enough towels and pillows, bathroom had enough room. Balcony was nice.
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins