3. Carnival Liberty
San Juan (started & ended) - Stayed at Sheraton Old San Juan the night before. Very convenient. You can take taxi from airport (flat rate - $25) and once at hotel just walk to cruise terminal. There is a lot within walking distance from the hotel so you can check things out the night before. This is a fun ship - lots to do. Took advantage of some shows and entertainment. We chose anytime dining. The service was rather awful - I am sure the less experienced waiters are in this room, but it was nice to go whenever. But it would take us so long to get food, drinks, etc. Excursions: St. Thomas - We did Carnival's excursion to Magen's Bay. Absolutely gorgeous! Best beach I went to all week. Crystal clear water with the softest sand. Barbados - Did a private excursion with Elegance for a Catamaran Cruise. I HIGHLY recommend this. They meet you right outside the cruise terminal and take you on a day long excursion snorkeling with Sea Turtles and then on a nice cruise along the coast of Barbados. They cook authentic food and have an open bar. We only had 12 people on board (they keep it small and personal.) St. Lucia - This was my least favorite stop. Lots of poverty on the island. Did not like seeing all the starved animals and children not in school. We went zip-lining which was fun since we had never done it before. If you have done it, it's nothing out of the ordinary. Was a little rushed since there were so many groups. Very curvy roads - if you get sick easily skip this! St.Kitts ---> went to Dominica instead - They could not get the ship into St. Kitts so we went to Dominica instead. This was one of my favorite islands - all the nature and history was so impressive. Choose the Carnival excursion to go cave swimming and then to the hot mineral springs. So relaxing and we got to eat native fruits. Highly recommend. St. Marteen - We walked from the cruise terminal to the beach (about a 10 -15 minute walk - on sidewalk - very safe - lots of cruise people did this. ) As you approach beaches, locals will try to get you to rent their chairs - keep walking until you get the guy wearing the Canadian shirt - best deal on beach - $20 for 2 chairs, umbrella and 5 beers or 2 mixed drinks & free wifi. Very touristy destination.

Fun ship with exciting ports

Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by oh_shabang

oh_shabang’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Liberty price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8D 8430
I do not recommend the room. It was very noisy as the pool is above and they move the lounge chairs at all hours of the day and night. It was so loud! even when the pool is closed, the staff must be up there moving stuff for the next day. I was woken up several times a night every night!! Also, our TV didn't work quite right - we could never see the free movies each day. We were told a TV tech would fix it, but he never came.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

View All 30 Ziplining Reviews
  • Walked to beach
    View All 13,167 Walked to beach Reviews
  • Beach
    Absolutely gorgeous! Best beach I went to all week. Crystal clear water with the softest sand. Ride was a bit bumby, but totally worth it once we got there. There is a beach bar for drinks and food. Bring towel - no chairs.