3. Michelangelo
Under the aegis of 'Acromas' this was the new trip offered by Saga. For three nights we were booked into the Paradiso Hotel - a Golf Resort, surrounded by links (but out-of-bounds to non-golfers). The restaurant opened in the evening but on our arrival only a frantically busy cafe was available for lunch. The rooms were clean and spacious and the toilet in my room was fixed quickly, but it would have been helpful if the hotel's Italian information had been also offered in English. The boat excursions on the Lake were essentially unplanned and meant long hours of wandering in crowded streets with virtually no guidance. Our saga Rep. did her best but struggled to get support from HQ when a booked coach never arrived and stopover venues were changed at the last minute. En route to the river boat in Venice there was a long stopover in Vicenza - again no guidance as to what the city had to offer - and (for this first-time tourist) a lesson in where/how to find a toilet! Our remaining 4 nights were spent on the river boat Michelangelo. I requested (and paid for) a double room/bed for single occupancy, which, prior to the trip I had confirmed twice by phone. What I got was a twin cabin/twin beds right next door to the restaurant...noisy and crowded. We arrived late afternoon but were not seated for a meal until almost 9pm. The medical service (for a badly blistered foot) was minimal. I felt the trip was poorly put together by the agents: the pace rushed and ill-suited for a group of 18 seniors. In fact, as a minority group, we appeared to be 'last served' on a ship holding 158 people.

Lake Garda / Venice; Saga's New River Cruise

Michelangelo Cruise Review by Patricia Bloom

Under the aegis of 'Acromas' this was the new trip offered by Saga.

Patricia Bloom’s Full Rating Summary