Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review

Get New Officers

Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by ONCRUISEMODE

• Sail Date: Mar 2015
  • Destination: South America

We were on the Infinity on March 1st until March 29th, 2015. Had I not known the name of the Cruise Line I would have never, ever thought I was on the Infinity.

I found the entertainment at night boring. So much so, that we would go to the shows and walk out due to boredom. I didn't find any activity that I could participate in. If you do not like trivia or dancing, you truly don't have much to pick from. The speakers were interesting in discussing the Panama Canal which was part of our route. On of the speakers was so into himself that he spent the first 30 minutes talking about himself.

The service provided for our cabin was excellent. There was an assistant housekeeper who was Greek that was always seen walking around and checking his staff. He was very friendly and personable.

The dining service was good but not all the time. The Elite breakfast service was only good if you arrived in the first 30 minutes. However, after that, it would get crowded and the staff were extremely disorganized. It appeared to many of us that the staff did not have assigned tables or even a clear work flow. If someone came to a table that was already serviced, then they would not get any service at all because it would appear that no one noticed them. This became a problem because unlike a typical restaurant, people did join tables constantly that already had others that were waited on. Elite breakfast was a very social gathering....

The Officers were not at all friendly or available. I had an incident in the pool that I reported immediately. Needless to say, no one contacted me after this horrific incident. I finally wrote a letter and 5 days after the incident, I was contacted by the Environmental Officer. We met at 9:00 AM and the first thing he stated was, "I am in a hurry."

Food: the Food and Beverage Director was seen often checking on things but this certainty never improved anything. I had the Jerk Chicken with the black beans, rice and pineapple. Note: I had this meal previously on the Century. Well, the chicken was dried and had no flavor. The rice was cold and also lacked flavor. I wrote a note to the Executive Chef and to the F&B Director. Well, it was of no use. When they served it again, the meal had not improved one bit. Meals were often repeated and it got to to point that there wasn't much, in my opinion, to select from. In other cruises, my back up was the fruits and vegetables. Rarely was there bananas on board, or nice apples. The pineapple, mangoes were not ripe enough to eat. The sliced oranges at breakfast were always at room temperature. I mentioned this to the Executive Chef but it was never corrected. I will say that I was able to eat plums towards the end of the cruise and that truly was a blessing. I will also add that after being on the ship for 28 days, both my husband and I lost weight because the food was not inspiring.

We ate at the Specialty Restaurant USS United States. The service was good...not great. The lobster was tasteless (as if the sauce on top was suppose to make up for it). My mashed potatoes came out cold. When I asked to warm them up, they return in the same state they were before. I asked for the strawberries and ice cream without the crepe. They told me they could not do it. (Poor service). The dessert ended up being a crepe that weighed about 4 ounces with a very small scoop of ice cream inside and very few berries on top. A very inexpensive dessert. I never ate the crepe....it was way too heavy. I found the restaurant to not have value for what one pays.

I sent a note to the Guest Service Manager and she never responded.

The ports were very boring for the price we paid for the cruise.

Not going to Lima was an insult. I also thought that we were not compensated enough for not being able to go there. I probably would have never booked this cruise had I known that it was not going to Lima. I also lost $90 in an outside tour that I booked. However, Celebrity didn't care about that since it wasn't one of their tours.

I will add that the personnel in the Canyon Ranch spa were fantastic. The gym had plenty of machines and it was well maintained.

In Summary, if you want to take a cruise around the horn and then up through the Panama Canal, I wouldn't recommend the Infinity as it doesn't provide the "Luxury" vacation one has enjoyed with Celebrity.

ONCRUISEMODE's Full Rating Summary

Cabin 9 7905

Loved my cabin and the cabin steward was excellent.

ONCRUISEMODE