3. Seven Seas Voyager
A point by point list of my impressions on my first cruise wth Regent. First off, Regent's Scan Design style of decor is not to my liking, which is a shame as it set the tone for my first impressions of the ship. However as I was lucky enough to get this cruise at an amazing price, my negative initial first impressions were offset by the quality of almost everything else that Regent is known for, so it balanced out. Plus this was my Bucket Cruise of a Lifetime so I was excited about that alone. I waited a few months to do a review as I've noticed my feelings tend to change over time. Point in fact, when I disembarked I thought it unlikely that I would sail on Regent again. Now - a few months later - I have changed my mind. Especially if the price was right again. I am sailing on Oceania's Marina in a couple of months and am blown away with their exorbitant pricing, which doesn't offer all the bells and whistles that Regent does. So, back to Regent... Or even Celebrity, what with their new Suite Experince. However, back to my cruise on the Voyager: Tour director.... I particularly enjoy his Meet the Crew and Quirky Moments segments. I turn his show on first thing every morning to see what is happening and to watch them. However I still feel the comparison of the steaks in Prime 7 as being the 'best in the world' is ridiculous. They're good, but I've had much better. Food - is very good. Being a stalwart fan of Oceania mainly due to their exemplary food, I didn't expect to enjoy Regent's food as much as I have. Everywhere - but especially during the deck service's lunches and two evening meals. Twice there were amazing meals offered on deck that I was immensely impressed by.... The BBQ especially. And to feed the whole ship all at once! Amazing! Ben - the Executive Concierge is very pleasant and very helpful. Chris - the Destination Manager is extremely kind and caring. He asks how I'm doing at every tour and tries to help in any way he can. Roni - my Butler. Did I say that he was amazing? All Wait staff and, in fact all staff, were very polite, always greeting you, saying good morning etc Wine sommelier excellent. However the wine tasting offered was just that... A tasting of half a dozen different wines offered buffet style. That there were no 'seminar style' tastings offered - especially with so many sea days - was a real disappointment. I learned so much on Oceania's (and spent a considerable amount purchasing my new favourite wines after them). There was a very expensive wine and food pairing offered, but that isn't going to teach me anything as I'd never order wines priced so high and of that caliber. Anything over $100 is just too pricey for me. So I was extremely disappointed not to have had an informative wine tasting. And that the Wine Sommelier had been one of Oceania's sommeliers who had given one of their three (count 'em, three!!) Wine Tasting seminars was like rubbing salt into the wound! Tours: the two 12.5 hr. and 13.5 (really 14.5) hr tours REALLY need more bathroom breaks - 7 hrs plus between WC stops is too long. Many of us are old with weak bladders/kidneys etc. and the toilets in the buses are too difficult to access for many of us. All the tour buses have had excellent A/C except the one we had in Safaga, it had very weak AC, and no reading lights. With 7 hrs uninterrupted travel on the buses, both of those would have been welcome. Also would have appreciated a WC stop. In Turkey and Israel the tour agent was always asking if we wanted a WC break. We assumed it would be the same everywhere else. If not, then the agent should have made mention that there weren't going to be any stops, and told everyone to use the WC before departure. Safaga - Ancient Luxor Tour: Snack on Safaga return was a nice gesture but was very poor. Would have been more tasty (and nutritious) if there was just some juice, a piece of fruit, a piece of cheese and a cookie. Luxor Tour: Driver didn't know where the hotel was where we were to have lunch. Wasted a good ten - fifteen minutes doubling back to it. Not good when you are on such a tight schedule. Then we were dropped off a good two plus blocks from restaurant, way too far. As a Handicapped person, the ten minute walk in that heat was not good. I have to say that the food however was excellent and the buses were at the restaurant door to pick us up. Suggestion re Destination Services onboard: 1. Use one channel on the cabin tv's for the next day's tours (as is currently done) 2. Use 2nd channel of the whole voyage's tours, constantly looping, it would make it easier for guests to review (and perhaps re-evaluate) their selected tours earlier in the cruise, rather than only having the day before to evaluate whether or not the chosen tour was the right one. Would make it less hectic for everyone the day before each tour. As these videos are not available (why not?) prior to the cruise, it would make life easier for all.

Mixed Feelings....

Seven Seas Voyager Cruise Review by HNLGAL

• Sail Date: October 2014
  • Destination: Middle East
  • Cabin Type: Penthouse Suite
A point by point list of my impressions on my first cruise wth Regent.

However, back to my cruise on the Voyager:

Ben - the Executive Concierge is very pleasant and very helpful.

Roni - my Butler. Did I say that he was amazing?

Safaga - Ancient Luxor Tour:

Luxor Tour:

Suggestion re Destination Services onboard:

HNLGAL’s Full Rating Summary
Get Seven Seas Voyager price drops

Penthouse Suite
Cabin B 860
Cabin - the PH I was in was spacious and comfortable. It was a an ADA cabin so the bathroom was barrier free and very, very spacious. At the last minute I upgraded to a very spacious PH suite which included the services of a wonderful butler (Bravo Roni!). As I was sick and cabin-bound for a week, that proved to be invaluable. I was quite disappointed in the size of towels however. Oceania are by far more in keeping with what should be offered on an upscale ship, especially in a suite! And I have to wonder whose idea it was to provide a clock that wasn't visible at night
Deck 8 Suite Cabins