3. Caribbean Princess
My family and I cruised with Princess on 7/28-8/6, sailing to San Juan, St. Thomas, Tortola, and Grand Turk. This cruise was extremely enjoyable, and I would highly recommend Princess to future cruise-goers. It disappoints me to see people negatively discussing Princess cruises; everyone is entitled to their opinions, however I feel that it is difficult for ANY cruise to be unenjoyable. It is what you make it; don't let the small stuff like crowds, small venues, etc. spoil your fun. These trivial complaints can be found on almost any cruise with any cruise line if you look hard enough, so although it can be somewhat annoying at times, Princess offers so much to their customers so complaining about such small things seems pointless and a waste of time. The single complaint I have, which is not really even a complaint; more of selfishness on my part, was our inability to sail to St. Maarten due to one of the engines being down. We were so looking forward to exploring this beautiful island so when we were informed we would not be able to sail, it was somewhat of a disappointment. Instead, we traveled to Tortola. If I could make a suggestion to Princess, it would be to simply leave this island out; there wasn't much to see or do. Perhaps, Princess could have extended the allotted amount of time at the other islands instead of sailing to Tortola, just a thought though. Embarkation was smooth, quick, and an easy process. We have cruised before, but this 9 night cruise was our longest. At first, the length of the cruise seemed somewhat intimidating; it is a long time to be on a ship. However, there was so much to do; the entertainment was wonderful, specifically the comedian Sarge. We saw him three times while on board! Hilarious! The shows-they were what you would expect to find on a cruise. Other than the comedian, they had a staff talent show which was really enjoyable. It was cool to see the people working on the ship show off their talents and get some recognition. The cruise director and staff were awesome; friendly, fun, and exciting. The ship is huge and it is easy to get lost; but that's part of the fun, I think; I felt I found a new place on the ship each day! My favorite part of the ship was definitely the pool deck. I think there was 4 or 5 pools all together, and the at the one pool there was a huge movie screen where they played movies all day and night. At the other pool they always had a band playing tropical music, which is always fun. Other amenities included a miniature golf course, a fitness center, a spa, and a sports deck. Skywalkers night club provided a source of nightlife for an over 18 crowd. The cabins were a good size, the bathrooms were small, but hey, its a cruise ship so that's to be expected. The food was delicious, and everything you could ever want was available at some point throughout the cruise, and the staff was a lot of fun. We opted to do the anytime dining option so we missed out on having a regular server, but it worked out for the best. Waits were not long; at most 20 minutes. We traveled with two other families so we needed two tables. Normally we were able to get tables next to eachother, but a few nights we had to be separated. While in San Juan, be careful; some parts are a little sketchy. We did not have much time there; only about 5 hours and we didn't get there until 7 PM so we took a bus tour of historic San Juan, did a little shopping, and visited Senor Frogs and then headed back to the ship for evening entertainment. St. Thomas; My favorite! We had the most time on this island so we decided to go snorkeling. We took a catamaran out to a private island; it was absolutely gorgeous. On the way back, the crew served us come cheese, crackers, and the famous Caribbean Painkiller rum punch. After about 3 of these, be careful; they will CAUSE pain later! After snorkeling, and drinking entirely too many Painkillers we returned to the ship for some lunch, resting, and recovering. After this we got off the ship again and did some shopping in town. Be aware, however that the stores close around 6 PM, which we did not know so we were only left with about 30 minutes to shop. Tortola was the next day, and as I mentioned before; not much to do or see, if I were to do it again, I probably would have opted to stay on the ship and lay by the pool. Grand Turk was a lot of fun. Upon entering the island you are greeted by Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville! A must-stop, even if its just for one drink. There are also a lot of touristy shops around the area. Disembarkation was also a quick and easy process. Even though we didn't want the cruise to end, Customs was quick so we were able to get out of there quickly. I would definitely cruise with Princess again, and confidently recommend this cruise line and cruise to everyone.

Amazing Experience