3. Norwegian Jewel
My husband and I took a cruise on the Jewel for our 10 year wedding anniversary. It was our first cruise and completely exceeded every expectation! All of the crew were amazing! Our room steward, Jeofry, called us by name every time he saw us and always kept our cabin extremely clean! Crazy Kevin, one of the cruise staff, kept me laughing every time I saw him. Who can forget the washy washy guys? They brighten up every day! The ship was extremely clean and ran like a well oiled machine. We loved all the dining options and the activities we went to (several) were well planned and provided a great time for all! After this cruise we are convinced that cruising is the only way will vacation from now on and will definitely stay with Norwegian! We had such a great time we started planning the next cruise while we were still on the ship! I would definitely recommend this ship to anyone.

First cruise but won't be the last!

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by wkuheather02

• Sail Date: March 2015
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview Porthole Window
wkuheather02’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jewel price drops

Oceanview Porthole Window
Cabin OG 4582
Cabin was bigger than I thought it would be and was really clean. Plenty of storage for the two of us. With so much to do we really weren't in the room too often.
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Altun Ha
    Booked the Altun Ha tour through the cruise line and had a fantastic time! Our tour guides, Carlos and Anita, were informative not only about the ruins but also about life in Belize. We learned everything from local delicacies to daily lifestyles in the country. Because of them I have a lot more respect for Belizeans than I came onto the tour with. The ruins are impressive themselves. One tip - if you like the wooden souvenirs for sale at the ruins you should definitely purchase them while you're there. They are much more expensive at the port! The only thing that could have made this tour better would be if the ride were on a charter bus instead of a school bus. But that is not even an issue. I would definitely recommend this tour and Carlos and Anita to anyone!
    View All 166 Altun Ha Reviews
  • Private Resort Day Pass
    We booked the Playa Mia Deluxe Beach Break through the cruise line and had a great time! Cozumel itself is more touristy than we would like, so going to the beach made for a great day! We were welcomed on the buses and once we got to the resort. Unlimited drinks were included with this tour and the waiters started coming around as soon as we got there. Drinks were good and cold. We conquered the inflatable obstacle course (harder than it looks but so fun) and just as a warning that swim is longer than it looks! The pools were really clean and the water slides were a lot of fun. I wish the beach massages had been a bit cheaper, as we had already spent a decent amount of cash on the excursion. The lunch buffet had the best nachos I've ever tasted in my life. The food was fresh. Yes, there was American food on the buffet but as the mom of a very picky child I do appreciate that being an option. The shops at the resort were very reasonably priced and the shop owners were nice. Would definitely return the next time we are in Cozumel!
    View All 184 Private Resort Day Pass Reviews
  • Snorkeling
    Booked independently with Bodden tours for the Starfish snorkel. Our guide, Fredrick, was amazing and so informative about the area and the sea life. We got to hold starfish which was really awesome! We also snorkeled over a reef and got some amazing pictures. This tour was the highlight of our port days. I would definitely recommend this excursion!
    View All 5 Snorkeling Reviews