3. Disney Dream
My wife and I took our two kids (4 & 6) on the Disney Dream on February 9th-13th. I gotta say Disney is the best when it comes to the customer service, shows, ship cleanliness and organization. We all had a fun time, despite a couple of things beyond DCL's control: 1.) The weather was very windy and about 70 degrees most of the cruise. We did the dolphin encounter at Blue Lagoon Island in Nassau. The weather was so windy that it made the whole dolphin experience kinda painful for the kids. No disrespect to the company that runs the Dolphin Encounter though. The service, employees and dolphin experience was great. 2.) Due to the wind again, we were unable to port at Castaway Cay. My wife and I were very disappointed as we knew that was to be the highlight of our cruise. We did not tell the kids too much about CC in advance, so they weren't too disappointed. I gotta give the captain of the ship props because they tried all day to get into the narrow port canal at CC. No luck though, it was just too windy. Luckily there was plenty to do on the ship and the day was not lost for a minute. I know a lot of passengers were disappointed, but you can't predict the weather I guess. Otherwise the cruise was amazing. The food was great. Dinners had fancier stuff for the adults, but also kid entrees that were more appealing to the kiddos. Our waiter was so patient with our kids and always made sure they were eating. If they weren't eating, he ask them what else he could bring. The pools were small and very packed, but my kids could still maneuver around and didn't complain. We did ride the AquaDuck a couple of times and it was pretty cool! Definitely try to hit that when you first embark. The line is much shorter (and the pools are less crowded). When we boarded, the Personal Navigator said tickets were available for the Princess Gathering and Anna/Elsa at the Port Adventures desk. I went up there while my wife stood in line at Guest Services to turn in a couple of pillow cases to get signed. The line at the Port Adventures desk was very long! After about 10 minutes in line, my wife called me from Guest Services and told me they were giving out Princess Gathering and Anna/Elsa tickets there too! Moral of the story, go to Guest Services to get those tickets. The shows at night were amazing. My kids, who can't sit still sometimes, enjoyed every show. They are not super long too, which is nice. And don't skip out on Pirate Night. We made cheap costumes out of t-shirts and the kids thought it was so cool! Don't miss the pirate show on the pool deck either. That was the highlight of my 4 year-olds trip!!! Lastly, they give you an option to carry your own suitcases off the ship on the morning of debarkation. This was called Express Checkout. We opted for this because we had a noon flight out of Orlando. I gotta say that was very nice. We walked off the ship, through customs, and were on the shuttle to MCO in less than 20 minutes.

Disney Dream had its ups and downs

Disney Dream Cruise Review by hitt0006

• Sail Date: February 2015
  • Destination: Bahamas
hitt0006’s Full Rating Summary
Get Disney Dream price drops

Our state room was compact, but very nice. I would definitely recommend this stateroom. It was close to the stairwell/elevators, but far enough away that we didn't hear anything at all during the night. Deck 7 was kinda in the middle too, between the main atrium where the shows/dinner are and the pool deck.
  Disney Dream Deck Plans

• Dolphin Encounter
    The Dolphin Encounter excursion was pretty cool. The kids thought it was neat to see/pet a dolphin. The weather was very windy and not real warm that day though. I think it made the experience much less enjoyable for the kids, but you can't predict the weather. Back on board the ship though, they couldn't stop talking about it!!! Kids are resilient....
    View All 136 Dolphin Encounter Reviews
  • Castaway Cay
    We did not get to port at CC because it was VERY windy that day and the ship wasn't able to safely port. I understand you can't predict the weather though. Many reviews I read, however, said that CC is the highlight of their cruise. So, despite the circumstances being uncontrollable, we were disappointed. The ship's crew did try ALL DAY to get into port though. Kudos to them. In researching the frequency of DCL ships being unable to port at CC, it seems like it happens more than you'd think. As detail oriented at Disney is, you would think they would have an alternate means of getting people to CC or redesign the port to accommodate rougher conditions. The current port at CC is very narrow to say the least.
    View All 456 Castaway Cay Cruise Port Reviews