3. Disney Dream
We took our grandchildren on the same cruise last year. This year their ages were 10 and 7. Bothe time we booked two separate cabins one for the grandchildren and one for us. Great idea if you can afford it. We generally do not splurge when it comes to hard earned money. The rooms were booked early enough to be adjoining with an inside door connecting them. Did not get a veranda room since we felt that it would not be used. If the weather was good the kids would be either at the water sport area or on the shore with us. Also I felt it would be safer, whether this concern was substantiated or not I do not know. We felt both cruises were excellent. Much depends upon the serving staff. Last years were far better than the ones that we had this year. Both times they were excellent. A few suggestions to consider. .1. We decided not to part take in the "fancy restaurants" this time. Last year we felt it was a waste of money. The service and food were just as good when we ate with the kids. Perhaps we may be hard to please. We are New Yorkers and used to extremely fine restaurants. The Disney Cruise restaurants that you are assigned to are up to par with some very fine places around the world. As a side note, we do quite a bit of cruising. Believe it or not the Disney Dream food and service were far better than the Queen Mary across the Atlantic! Sssh! You can order special dishes if you wish. Our grandchildren love Caesar salad and they were happily served it at each meal. Gladly gave they servers an extra tip at the end of the voyage. 2. If you go to Nassau then consider the dolphin experience. We did it last year and believe it to be worth the expense. It was a great experience. Also splurge and get the video. I would usually expect it to be a total hype. Someone advised me to get the video and I feel it was well worth it. Another suggestion if you go to Nassau. Do not go on the Atlantis Adventure if you can choose the dolphins. I not only found this to be a big mistake but feel they need to get another vendor to arrange this tour. When you get there all it is - is another large waterpark. We did not even get chairs. There were literally hundreds of people, probably visitors, hotel guests and or other cruise passengers. No chairs were available on a very sunny and hot day. Many were reserved for "who-knows-who". You could get the same experience at the Red Hook Brooklyn public pool. The cost was also ridiculous. We ate a the fast food stand "Peices". The fried fish was good after a long wait on line avoiding the sea gull poop. In retrospect perhaps we could have been better off staying on board (we previously went to the dolphins). I suppose most of the kids went ashore at that time and our grandchildren would be able to easily get on the AquaDuct without much wait.

Another Great Cruise on the Disney Dream

Ages 7 to 9
Ages 10 to 12
Get Disney Dream price drops

Cabin 9006 &9008
We were very satisfied. This was one cabin for the grandparents and one for the grandchildren with a connecting door between. It was also a repeat. We did the same the previous year.
  Disney Dream Deck Plans