3. Celebrity Summit

Just returned from our seven day voyage....Went to San Juan to relax for three days prior on the Condado Beach. Had an Aqua class cabin which we love with its extra perks of free Persian Garden, free water at any time, free tea in the room, free canapés every night, and most of all eating in the wonderful restaurant Blu. We choose this trip because of the ports and only one sea day and warm weather the whole trip. Had been on the ship two other times and it has been refurbished since our last time. All was well. My personal favorite class of Celebrity ship is the solstice class because they have a relaxation room and a nicer Persian Garden where you can look out onto the sea while lounging....but that is just a difference in what the ships offer....I choose this because of the ports...so knew that going in. Our Stateroom attendant Marie was wonderful and could not have been any more helpful to us. The waiters in Blu the restaurant even accommodated my hubby wanting lemon sorbet every night even when not on the menu....I love Blu where you can eat anytime and yet never have to wait in line to be seated. We ate several times at tables with the window view of the sea....You can also order something not on the menu such as a shrimp cocktail and get it with a smile. They remember your name and your drink orders after only a couple of nights...they really make you feel special. Had a very relaxing time onboard and loved every minute of it! Booked another Celebrity cruise while onboard and next we are going on the Solstice class the Equinox next year out of Ft. Lauderdale. Looking forward to that already!

Great Ports, Great Weather, Great Service!

Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by birthdaygal

birthdaygal’s Full Rating Summary

Aqua Class
Cabin A1 9048

Love the balcony, the fancier shower with all the assorted nozzles and rain therapy shower head, and the water and tea always in the room along with canapés at night. This particular cabin had a bit of noise from the moving of the chairs on the next floor up...heard them a couple of times....not bad....just did notice it....so if you are light sleeper you might want to check out what is above you. I think I heard it around 6 a.m. once or twice. I would take this cabin again though without hesitation as it did not really bother me.

Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Agapey Chocolate Factory Tour

Booked the chocolate tour online with the owner and he gave us a map so we could just walk from the cruise ship...an easy walk...some others did take a taxi. He had us taste the raw ingredients and explained where they were from etc. Then he showed us how the machines worked and explained what each did. Then he had us taste the candy! Incredible...my faves the dark chocolate with rum and caramel inside; the chocolate with almonds and others liked the coconut one too...the owner has a passion for his business and it shows. He limits the tour to just ten people so be sure you book early. I really learned a lot and really enjoyed the tastings...And I bought some bars to take back to share with other friends on the ship. I am going back next January as you cannot buy the chocolate online so I must return!

View All 8 Agapey Chocolate Factory Tour Reviews
  • George Washington House

We took a cab over to the George Washington House tour and he waited for us and then returned us back to the ship. We watched the educational film as I did not know that George had been there with his sickly brother for a month back in the day. Martin was a very good tour guide and I would have loved to have had time to stay for the Dinner with George.

View All 1 George Washington House Reviews