3. Caribbean Princess
This cruise ship, as reported here, is truly for the elderly and they cater to that crowd. We are older, but we are not dead. We decided to go because of the price of the balcony $199.00 and the $250. OBC. We have been on nearly 20 cruises and this was an opportunity to try another cruise line so we did. YYAAAWWWNN. The crew tried to do activities, but no one wanted to play the poolside games so most were cancelled. The passengers are elderly and RUDE, disorderly and cantankerous. and YES, they acted very entitled as stated. We were on THEIR ship and they would let you know...lol. there was one very loud couple on the ship which I gravitated towards because they had signs of life and I wanted to suck it out of them...lol. But, the prudes on the ship looked at these people like they were trash, where I just saw a couple trying to have a good time. FUN NOT PERMITTED on the caribbean princess..lol!!! The staff is very indifferent. That Natasha in the dining room is a real treat....NOT!!! She should not be anywhere near passengers. Fernando from mexico in the buffet and Paul from romania in the Crown Grill were really nice. The food was so bad at dining I wish we had used all of our ship credit and just eaten at the crown. The food was a little better but Paul made up for all the days and nights of bad indifferent staff. The little latin guy at the front desk was so nasty and a sarcastic POS. The staff only spoke to who they wanted to speak to. once they spoke to the people in front of us and behind us, but not to us even though I gave eye contact and smiled. she just looked on past and said hi to the people in line next....wow! Before each show in the theater the CD would take the time to sell something and take up more time than was necessary after ALL the shows started late in the first place. It's like now that we have you trapped let us sell you something. The shows were a comedian who was bad the first night and not as bad the second night, but bad all the same...lol. The magic show.....well. There was only one dance and singing show on the last night. we skipped it and went to bed because we were just ready to get the cruise over with and go home already...lol. Don't get me wrong the ship is GREAT for senior citizens. This cruise product is truly for them and we can't complain about that. But, the staff could change their attitudes, but old people are old people. what can you do about that? They had the sanctuary for an upcharge that no one used to relax in....why? the whole ship is a sanctuary...zzzzzz...lol. This ship was so dull, even the souvenirs were boring. We had a hell of a time spending that 250 OBC...lol nothing to buy and the store was waaayyy over priced. The alcohol was priced right, but how much of that do you need? Princess Cay had nice band, but once again no one danced or paid attention to them. The DJ in the skywalker was really bad. He had the nerve to play that same boring playlist poolside...why? If we scattered off the floor in the disco, what made him think we wanted to hear it poolside. The main band seemed like they had a lot in them, but had to hold back on account of the crowd they had to cater to...too bad I think they had a lot to offer. We made the mistake of buying buckets of beer the first two days. Don't do that, just go to the wheelhouse (3pm) and skywalkers(11pm) everyday and partake in the 2-for 1 deals and you'll come out waaayy better. we had a balcony on the aloha. rooms was small. I asked for a robe at time of booking and got it essentially on the 3rd day. room service was stale if you could get through on the phone. when I got through, they acted like I had just disturbed them. The bartenders are the same way. I think they are rude because they know they will get tipped either way. Even if no one was in line they still would not acknowledge you same at the crown grill when I went to make reservations, they did not look up. same in the shops. the international cafe was terrible with bad service. they never spoke one word you just say what you want they get it and look over your head to the next person as they serve you. If I had been paying gratuity with anything other than the ship credit I definitely would have been in line with the elderly changing my gratuity rates...lol. over all, it was worth seeing that I don't EVER want to cruise Princess again. I'm glad I saw it at this rate. Any other rate would have irked me.

Not a good cruise for under 60 crowd

2bisea’s Full Rating Summary
Get Caribbean Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BF A230
too small not a lot of storage. had small mini bar.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins