Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review
1,342 Reviews

Didn't live up to expectations

Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by pheath

• Sail Date: Nov 2014
  • Destination: Canary Islands
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

The cruise was ok, not fabulous as I was expecting. The book in was good, no problems apart from loosing a case for a short while. The Kings Court food hall or as I would describe it canteen was poor throughout. Food was at best slightly warm, staff surly, food usually cold and overcooked. The Nova virus meant that everyone had to be served. That meant rationing, I challenged the tiny portions and asked why we couldn't have a tray. The Officer I spoke to said that it was to stop greedy people taking too much!!!!! It is the only cruise I have ever been on where I lost weight.

Gym was good and the entertainment was excellent but the ship was a little tired in places. The food in Britannia Restaurant was reasonable to good but normally cold. The best bit was the pay extra Restaurants, I really didn't expect to eat in them as much.

The crew were varied. The usual far Eastern, and Western European staff great as always but the newer staff ranged from aloof to surly, I couldn't believe the attitude of some of them, it was a disgrace and Cunard should be ashamed. What a shambles, wont travel with them again, second rate, not at all what I would expect on an alleged 5 star ship.

Cunard did not respond to the letter I wrote on board, to the form I filled in and after 2 weeks to the phone follow up. Why do you bother if you don't want to know?

pheath's Full Rating Summary

Balcony

The cabin was ok, toilet smelled and the shower was something I would not have expected in a cheap motel. Cabin steward was good, bed comfortable, the rest, pretty good. The balcony was Spartan and a little rusty, the chairs on the balcony also a little rusty and tired. Cunards sister company P+O was better

pheath