• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Review

Editor Rating
10 Awards

Didn't live up to expectations

Review for Queen Mary 2 (QM2) to Canary Islands
pheath
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Nov 2014
Cabin: Balcony

The cruise was ok, not fabulous as I was expecting. The book in was good, no problems apart from loosing a case for a short while. The Kings Court food hall or as I would describe it canteen was poor throughout. Food was at best slightly warm, staff surly, food usually cold and overcooked. The Nova virus meant that everyone had to be served. That meant rationing, I challenged the tiny portions and asked why we couldn't have a tray. The Officer I spoke to said that it was to stop greedy people taking too much!!!!! It is the only cruise I have ever been on where I lost weight.

Gym was good and the entertainment was excellent but the ship was a little tired in places. The food in Britannia Restaurant was reasonable to good but normally cold. The best bit was the pay extra Restaurants, I really didn't expect to eat in them as much.

The crew were varied. The usual far Eastern, and Western European staff great as always but the newer staff ranged from aloof to surly, I couldn't believe the attitude of some of them, it was a disgrace and Cunard should be ashamed. What a shambles, wont travel with them again, second rate, not at all what I would expect on an alleged 5 star ship.

Balcony

The cabin was ok, toilet smelled and the shower was something I would not have expected in a cheap motel. Cabin steward was good, bed comfortable, the rest, pretty good. The balcony was Spartan and a little rusty, the chairs on the balcony also a little rusty and tired. Cunards sister company P+O was better

1 Helpful Vote