3. Quantum of the Seas
Hello We choose to try out the Quantrum as it Is a Brand new ship and came with a lot of Hype . Our History ,this was our 31st Cruise and our 4th with RCI ,We've cruised with all the popular Cruise Lines NCL, Cunard, Holland America, Celebrity, Carnival, Princess. We always book at least a balcony cabin ,and have cruised in suites ,and owner suites if the deal was right . Almost all of our previous cruises have been in mid sized ships 1700-2200 passengers , this was our first experience on a "Mega" ship. We booked a balcony cabin on deck 9 mid ship , I was not impressed with the size of our Cabin and the bathroom ,very narrow, no table for in room dining, if chosen , But very adequate storage ,I found a lot of annoying features , you had to insert room card in slot for lighting to work,[Trick you can use any creditcard sized card] TV selection was very pitiful , unless you wanted to pay 12.00 to view a movie, Our room only had 2 110volt outlets on the desk . No 110 outlets in bathroom and very limited counter space. You had to request stuff like shampoo, Ice and ice bucket ,bath ropes, no coffee table to set any room service tray on . Mass confusion is about the only way to describe all the problems with this ship and crew ,Problems with restaurant reservations from day one ,we didn't know you had to book all restaurants separately ,so we were stuck with 8.30 dinners ,but people with 8.45 or 9.00 would show up early and be on line in front of you ,very annoying . ended up finishing dinner sometimes as late as 11.00pm . Food in the "free" restaurants was O.K. nothing spectacular ,The buffet was good for breakfast ,but very crowded, with fairly long waits on the omelet lines ,Coffee was good and always available. The Northstar ,You had to get on line at 9.00 am [or before] to sign up for a morning or afternoon ride . but they had problems with it numerous times ,so many rides were cancelled .Bumper cars were fun ,and the lines moved quickly . Now I,m kind of a low tech person [still have a flip phone] and this is supposedly a high tech ship ,all the waiters have I pads ,although almost everyone I talked to was having problems with email and text. I turned my phone off as soon as I got on the ship ,the way I look at it is I'm on vacation and I don't want or need to be in Constance contact with anybody. The ship is very nice and has a adequate amount of elevators ,Although at times 2 or more were out of order . Here's some of the Pro's love the Bumper cars North Star [when it's operating] Atrium Café [excellent tasty sandwiches] Most employees helpful [put seem to be limited by paperless systems] Very clean modern ship Embarkation was the easiest and fastest of all our 32 cruises Price match on port liquor stores [bring proof] Excellent room attendant Donny Campbell Very good sound proofing cabin Here's some of my Con's Lines longer than I'm used to on smaller ships Pricey Drinks More salt than needed Smaller than average stateroom Definitely geared toward technology[ unless this is what you want] Blackjack uses 8 decks Paperless can be annoying at times Stressful because of the Dynamic Dining and long waits RCI Quantrum Is a Beautiful ship, but not for me I prefer smaller ships with set dining times [early/late] I probably wouldn't cruise on her again .We had a good time but found it stressful at certain times . I'll still sale with RCI in the future ,we already have a future Cruise booked on the Grandeur .Mega ships, and Dynamic dining are not for me.

The Quantum Failure of the Seas

Quantum of the Seas Cruise Review by realgearhead

Hello
Here's some of the Pro's
love the Bumper cars
North Star [when it's operating]
Atrium Café [excellent tasty sandwiches]
Most employees helpful [put seem to be limited by paperless systems]
Very clean modern ship
Embarkation was the easiest and fastest of all our 32 cruises
Price match on port liquor stores [bring proof]
Excellent room attendant Donny Campbell
Very good sound proofing cabin
Here's some of my Con's
Lines longer than I'm used to on smaller ships
Pricey Drinks
More salt than needed
Smaller than average stateroom
Definitely geared toward technology[ unless this is what you want]
Blackjack uses 8 decks
Paperless can be annoying at times
Stressful because of the Dynamic Dining and long waits

realgearhead’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Quantum of the Seas price drops

We booked a balcony cabin on deck 9 midship , I was not impressed with the size of our Cabin and the bathroom ,very narrow, no table for inroom dining if choosen , But very adequate storage ,I found a lot of annoying features , you had to insert room card in slot for lighting to work,[Trick you can use any creditcard sized card] TV selection was very poor , unless you wanted to pay 12.00 to view a movie, Our room only had 2 110volt outlets on the desk . No 110 outlets in bathroom and very limited counter space. You had to request stuff like shampoo, Ice and ice bucket ,bathropes, no coffee table to set any room service tray on .
  Quantum of the Seas Deck Plans