3. Disney Dream
We loved this cruise for the two of us. The Dream is great, we've been on the magic before. I did not like using the disney transportation. We got their super late and while there wasn't really a line, we were on really late and felt we'd missed time on board. No characters in the port to see either. Nice people, beautiful port though. The food is great as always. We do not like the animators palate menu, so we went to Cabanas, and were surprised to see you can have a sit down dinner that's served, it was so quiet and we didn't have to share a table so we loved it. We tried the rainforest room for the first time and it was fantastic! Really fun to do and relaxing. I don't relax well so we didn't stay too long, maybe an hour. I loved it and so did my husband. I also did some of the events like the "making of the dream" talk. I enjoy these and I was surprised it was an actual presentation and not just a video. It was well done and fun. We had fun at the events like the 90s trivia game and bingo. We'd not done those things before and it really was a good time. We tried the aquaduck at 10am on Castaway Cay day and that was perfect. Line up a little early, we went twice and it was fun. No complaints, the areas of the ship are beautiful, the cast members are great, the food is good, the shows are great. We did, surprisingly, miss our kids. We like having an excuse to do all the fun "kid" stuff when they're with us. They're happy to hear they get to come next time. :)

Mom and Dad Without the Kids

Disney Dream Cruise Review by avgsuperheroine

• Sail Date: December 2014
  • Destination: Bahamas
avgsuperheroine’s Full Rating Summary
Get Disney Dream price drops

We really liked our room. The porthole is huge, nearly floor to ceiling and I loved leaving the curtains open overnight to see the sun or island in the morning. It was fairly quiet but we could hear everyone in the adjoining stateroom really well (not in our party). Our host was great, the rooms are really sizable compared to other lines and there was lots of storage room. Love the on-demand tv feature on the Dream as well. The split bath with rain shower is also a nice touch. PS--the lights that go on and off overhead are also on a dimmer. If you push it and release, on-off. If you hold it in, it's a dimmer. I wish I'd realized this for nighttime reading.
  Disney Dream Deck Plans

• Castaway Cay
    I love Castaway Cay! It's beautiful. It was a really beautiful day too. This time, we snorkeled, and we loved it. It was such a fun thing to do together, and fairly relaxing until you have to swim back to shore (so far away!). We did lunch at Serenity Bay, and while the line was long the food was good. The brats, chicken and ribs were the best, the steak looked not too great, but nice to have the option. Try some ice cream on top of one of the giant cookies. The sun bakes the chocolate chips and it's delicious. Then we slept on the beach for a little while and headed back to the ship. We waited to get off the ship until 10am so we could do the aquaduck with no line--a really good idea. If you're going to poop out part of the day, go on the island in the afternoon--most people leave right away and poop out around 1-2pm, so you'll have the ship and the island to yourself if you flip flop it.
    View All 460 Castaway Cay Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Castaway Cay Cruise Port Review
  • See and Sea
    This was fun! Our third cruise and very first excursion. There was a fun harbor cruise, but it was hard to hear the lady that was talking--I think it was the speakers. It was beautiful though. Then we did a boat where you sit in the bottom and watch the fish. It was a tight squeeze but even so it was fun, plenty to look at and the guide was fun and entertaining. The bus tour was also great, our tour guide was very personable and fun. The stop at the fort was just the right amount of time at 20 minutes, not really a lot to do there but it's fun for pictures. We really enjoyed getting to see more of the island and wouldn't have walked around the port again on our own.
    View All 34 See and Sea Reviews