3. Disney Dream
My husband & I loved our cruise on the Disney Dream! We are a married couple of 17 years & have 2 children. We left the kids at home for this one & celebrated my 40th Birthday on the Dream. We have cruised Celebrity's Mercury & Norwegian's Pearl. Our cruise was from November 10th-14th. We did the double Castaway Cay. The cruise ship was so clean & kept up. Our last cruise was on the Norwegian Pearl when it was only a couple of months old & the condition of the Dream was in better shape! We choose to do the Dream because we wanted a newer ship, without it being a "booze" cruise which I fear would have been the case on another cruise line with it being a short cruise. We had boarding between 10:45am -11:15am. We were one of the early boarders. We headed to Cabanas right away & were able to get a nice window seat. We did love the lamb, but the other food was just ok. By the time we left it was a total madhouse with no tables anywhere. We left & went to the adults only Cove Cafe. It felt like heaven! It was so peaceful & nothing compared to the craziness of Cabanas! There was other food available on deck 11 that wasn't crowded at all. Not sure why they tell everyone at boarding to go to Cabanas. There just isn't enough room for everyone! We did sign up to do the Seahorse Catamaran Snorkel Adventure on Castaway Cay. The 1st day we were at Castaway Cay they cancelled the adventure because of lack of people. Seahorse Catamaran Snorkel Adventure rescheduled us for the 2nd day at Castaway Cay & they cancelled because of bad weather. The weather on the 2nd day was actually really good. I wonder who many people ever do this adventure? The Rigid Hull Snorkeling Excursion still went out, so next time I think that is what we will book. We did Remy for dinner. With tip it came to $200. My husband loved it! He thought it was the best food he has ever had. I enjoy the food better at Nick's Fishmarket in Maui or El Gaucho's in Tacoma Washington. We both agreed that it was great to experience once, but on future cruises we will do Palo's so my husband doesn't have to bring a suit & take up precious suitcase space! We also did brunch at Palo's. We loved it & found the $50 worth it & would definitely do again. We found the food to be overall good. A couple of items were great. My favorites were the breads at dinner & the soft serve ice-cream. We found the food to be a lot better than Norwegian's main dining rooms. The Concierge level dining (Cagney's) on the Norwegian's Pearl was similar in quality to Palo's brunch. The food on Celebrity is our favorite. Overall we LOVED our cruise! It was exactly what we wanted & it even exceed our expectations!

Without kids, it was still Heavenly!

Disney Dream Cruise Review by scubadadseattle

• Sail Date: November 2014
  • Destination: Bahamas
scubadadseattle’s Full Rating Summary
Get Disney Dream price drops

Nice location. No noise problems. Smelled smoke from the smoke stacks just when leaving Port Canaveral. Never had an issue with the smoke after that.We had an excellent view at Castaway Cay, facing the Snorkeling Lagoon. The bed is on the short side. My husband is 6ft & he did fine. Might be a problem if much taller than that. The shower is very hard to work at 1st. Once you get the hang of it, it works great. We would have had to set it up for our 11 year old if she had been with us.
  Disney Dream Deck Plans

• Castaway Cay
    We snorkeled at the Snorkeling Lagoon. The water was really cloudy for quite the distance. About 1/2 way out it cleared & there were lots of fish. It is a long distance to get to the good snorkeling. Might be a factor for young snorkelers. We were snorkeling November 11th & 12th. We found the water temperature to be similar to the Hawaiian Islands in August. We ate at the adults only beach. The buffet was really good. We went & got a table about 15 minutes before the buffet opened. We were able to be one of the 1st people in line. The line quickly became super long.We did sign up to do the Seahorse Catamaran Snorkel Adventure on Castaway Cay. The 1st day we were at Castaway Cay they cancelled the adventure because of lack of people. Seahorse Catamaran Snorkel Adventure rescheduled us for the 2nd day at Castaway Cay & they cancelled because of bad weather. The weather on the 2nd day was actually really good. I wonder who many people ever do this adventure? The Rigid Hull Snorkeling Excursion still went out, so next time I think that is what we will book.
    View All 460 Castaway Cay Cruise Port Reviews