3. Quantum of the Seas
We are in our early 60s, Diamond members, and usually take three to four cruises per year on Celebrity or RCL. Our trip began with two nights in London where we walked and walked and walked since the weather was perfect and we hoped to see as much as possible on foot. After taking the early buss to Southampton, we eagerly and patiently awaiting our turn to get onboard this magnificent new ship while listening to people angrily complain about the chaotic embarkation process. Imagine our surprise when we received a letter the next day saying we would be compensated with a $300.00 OBC, along with a 25%PP FCC for RCL's failure to provide their promised "high tech" embarkation. We felt blessed that RCL would do this and looked forward to the rest of the cruise believing it would provide a WOW experience as promised. What a disappointment this trip was. I can truly say if this had been our first cruise, I don't believe we would ever cruise again. The food in the Windjammer was inconsistent. For two days my husband was told they had no cream for coffee. Ice and water machines were located in an inconvenient place, toast was made by one person feeding in single slices, eggs cooked to order took 10 minutes, and tables were frequently left uncleared. We did enjoy dining in Silk and American Icon Grill along with the cafe at 270 but 270 also ran out of certain items towards the end of the trip. We did enjoy seeing Mama Mia, it is not to be missed. Starwater was amazing..we saw it twice but the other "guest entertainers" were average. There was not much else to do during the day: one lecture by the captain, the usual trivia and dance instruction but no live music anywhere on the ship until after 5:30pm. I can understand this during a port intensive cruise but this was a TA. Parts of the ship were stunning, especially on deck 5 leading to the back room, 270 where Starwater is performed. I found other parts to be dark and gloomy with no view of the outside sea. Quantum was not the ship for me but I'm sure others may love it. That's the beauty of cruising. There is something for everyone.

Quantum TA-Not a WOW experience

Quantum of the Seas Cruise Review by Wanderlost

Wanderlost’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Quantum of the Seas price drops

Our cabin was beautifully decorated with lots of closet and storage space. The bathroom was spacious and the balcony had comfortable chairs with foot stools. Our cabin steward was attentive without being intrusive.
  Quantum of the Seas Deck Plans