3. Quantum of the Seas
Unlike other reviewers, the check-in went very quickly, but we arrived at 1.30, and most of the problems were then over. Our cabin was an inside with a virtual balcony. As it was a transatlantic, it was nothing more than ocean after ocean, and it finally actually annoyed me, so switched it off and closed the curtain. The cabin was extremely quiet, and bathroom and storage is much improved and appreciated. The cabin temperature seemed to be locked in at 71,2 F, but it never actually cooled down to that. It was difficult to get someone to look at it since the maiden voyage was flogged with so many other issues that personnel were busy with, but finally we were able to cool the cabin down. Dining, the royal IQ app crashed everyday for extended periods of time, which only added confusion to the matter. In all complimentary restaurants, the desserts were not at all appealing. In the American Icon, 2 of their 5 desserts have peanut butter mousse in them... most deserts left me with one word, "WHY?" who thought of such a dessert, and why did they put this on the menu? Best meat was the prime rib in Chic, but for the rest, I was not impressed with Chic, and didn't go back. I did like the Grande, and Silk was a pleasant surprise. Our waiter brought every appetizer out and made it like Dim Sum, which was spectacular. It also had the best dessert, the strawberry mouse with some pound cake thing. Windjammer was a tired scene after the first day, while I usually love the Windjammer. I understood the ship wasn't properly provisioned, so maybe after this first sailing they will bring it back up to standard. It took them until day 4 until half and half appeared, and 5 days until the Ranch dressing appeared and honey for tea. Sour cream for baked potatoes finally showed up on day 6. Ice cream in the Windjammer never made an appearance... My favorite eating venue was Cafe 270. Can't fault anything on the food, only the processes, very inefficient and inexperienced restaurant personnel meant I avoided it at busy times, so I timed it carefully and enjoyed it thoroughly. In general restaurant personnel appeared to be mostly inexperienced. Mama Mia was the bomb. Solarium spectacular. Stateroom attendant was so-so, and not up to the standard I'm used to RCI. Internet was evidently not up to snuff, when we got within the shoreline of the states, it started working, and it was decent and fast, not spectacular. Inside furnishing and feel, very modern and art deco like, a break from tradition, and extremely well done. Everything was good, but as I mention in the title, it seemed to be a classy 8 cylinder vehicle that couldn't manage to hit on more than 6 cylinders at anyone time. The cruise was good, I enjoyed myself and got a lot of rest, and let irritations of the working go, but in the same breath, I wasn't wowed like I am accustomed to by RCI. I considering booking it May when she sails back to Europe, if only to see if they managed to worked out the seemingly endless operational faults and if the personnel is more experienced.

A fully loaded 8 cylinder Mercedes Benz that only manages to fire on 6

Quantum of the Seas Cruise Review by HeidiAmsterdam

Mama Mia was the bomb. Solarium spectacular.
Stateroom attendant was so-so, and not up to the standard I'm used to RCI.
HeidiAmsterdam’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Quantum of the Seas price drops

Standard inside room, not as close to the elevator as I had hoped, nothing exceptional to note.
  Quantum of the Seas Deck Plans