3. Carnival Sensation
This was our 6th cruise with Carnival. The 5th was the worst cruise ever, so bad that we did not cruise for 6 years. We finally gave in to the emails and offers and booked a 4 day cruise to the Bahamas. Carnival would not honor the credit they offered us for the last cruise because it had expired. We got nothing for free, no upgrades, no drinks, nothing. I got a call a week prior and was offered to purchase an upgrade to a suite, which I did (it was a good deal I thought). Priority booking was boarding was excellent - on the ship in fifteen minutes! Room and view were spectacular - I thought we were back ! Then we realized the A/C wasn't working properly. Assuming it would be better once underway, we began our cruise. Immediately we noticed some changes. Service wasn't as good as we remembered, food selection always required a wait, as they kept closing down food stations - even when there were people waiting, and the CONSTANT badgering of the salesmen trying to push the overpriced drinks and goods (very commercial feeling). Back to the room, it was 85 degrees. Dinner service was horrible. Kept running out of water, never offered anything to drink other than pay drinks from the bar, kept running out of bread while waiting on food - yes waiting on food. Prime rib felt and tasted like shoe leather, pork loin was as tough. Mahi Mahi was firm and tasted like tuna, etc. We are not "privileged upper class" by any means, but we expected better. Food was better in the buffet (sadly). A/C never fixed, although they did give me 20% off my cruise as compensation for lack of sleep/comfort. Overall we were not happy with that, but nothing we could do. We will NOT be cruising again with Carnival.

Last cruise EVER with Carnival

Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by Rseegars

• Sail Date: July 2014
  • Destination: Bahamas
Rseegars’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Sensation price drops

Cabin v18
Beautiful room, excellent view - our A/C was broken, so we were not happy overall. If the A/C was working would give 5 stars.
  Carnival Sensation Deck Plans