3. Carnival Liberty
This was my Husband and I's second cruise with Carnival and we were celebrating our 4 year anniversary! We love Carnival and our goal is to be Platinum as soon as possible. We love learning about the history and culture of the places that we travel and we also love to snorkel! My husband and I are in our early 30's and we are enjoying the cruise life until we have kids. We stayed at the Radisson in coco beach and it was amazing! The pool area of this hotel is beyond anything that I could imagine! The beds were sleep number and I regrettably thought that the softest setting was awesome. I slept like a baby but my back hated it the next morning! Don't do that! My husband was smarter than I and he slept like a baby on a much harder setting and he didn't have any back problems. I have learned from the error of my ways and will not do this the next time. We opted for the snooze and cruise package and it went very well. The only problem that I saw was that there were multiple ships leaving from the port that morning and I think that it could have been better handles if the hotel could separate the different ships meeting locations for the shuttle. We left later than we were supposed to because they were having trouble getting some of their shuttles to arrive so they paid for taxis to take us and that was miserable! Our taxi van was crammed with 10 of us and honestly being packed like sardines is not my idea of a pleasant transfer. We arrived at the cruise port at around 11:00 and thankfully we had faster to the fun so we skipped all the lines. We were stopped At the metal detector area so they could check our bottles of water for alcohol. Needless to say we were not smuggling. Lol. We were then whisked away to the faster to the fun check in area (again without lines) and we was greeted by a very friendly lady that checked us in and verified our birth certificates. We received our cards within 3 minutes from starting our check in process and then we were lead to the faster to the fun waiting area where we were presented with a bottle of water and chips. Very nice I might add! We met some friendly faces of people that we met on cruise critic and shared our excitement about the cruise. I don't think we waited over 15 minutes because before I knew it they boarded the diamond and platinum guests then in about 5 minutes they called the faster to the fun guests. After a quick photo and a walk over the bridge we finally set foot on the Carnival Liberty! The first place that we see in the Carnival Liberty is the Lobby which is very spacious with many chairs and couches for you to sit in. There is a good view of the bar as well as the elevators. We made a bee line to the elevators and almost instantly got in and headed to the 7th floor which is where our room was. We went straight to our room and we were very eager to see what our room looked like since it is a unique L shaped room with a balcony that is double the size of the normal balcony. We dropped off our stuff and we were greeted by our steward Putra who welcomed us on board and told us the times that he cleans the cabin and when he does the turn down service. We then headed for Guys burgers and got a table. Guys Burgers are phenomenal and honestly I can't believe that they don't charge extra for them! Guys burgers is open from 12 to 6 everyday and honestly I could eat there everyday! I ordered the plain jane which is a burger with cheese on it and then I headed to the toppings bar and places bacon and lettuce mustard and mayo on my burger! You also had the option of tomatoes, grilled or raw onions, pickles, mushrooms, etc. We then had to get a chocolate and vanilla swirled ice cream cone. (I think I could live off of these!). The. We headed back to the room to dolphin and manatee watch in port. We then had to do the muster drill. Honestly I know why we have to do it but I am not a fan of it. Thankfully this drill wasn't too long and was to the point. :). That's my kind of style! We had a meet and greet scheduled for the facebook / cruise critic group at the red frog pub and we got to meet all the people from cruise critic that we had been getting to know for months! It was so nice see everyone! I am so glad that we were at the red frog because as soon as we set sail we had the set sail party and it was a blast! I personally didn't dance this time but it was just so much fun! We opted out of eating in the dinning room our first night and we went straight to the buffet. Honestly we lost track of time and didn't realize how late it was! It was about 9:00 and the buffet was closing down and we got there just in time! The food was not the best I don't know if it's because it was old or what but I wasn't too happy with it. I ate enough to be ok and went back to the room. When we got back to the room we had a towel animal and chocolates and we went to bed. The next day was a day at sea which consisted of a art show, another meet and greet, carnival clue murder mystery, and formal night. We enjoyed everything but the main dinning room was not the quality of service we were used to on our past cruise. The server kept forgetting what we asked for and was rarely around for us to remind them. However they were very attentive of everyone else......this irritated me and needless to say we didn't go back until the last night! Another disappointment from this day was there were no more ice cream cones and our excursion in Roatan was cancelled! Such a bummer. But we did go see the show on the ship and I am telling you those performers are amazing! I don't know how they do it! Day 3 was Cozumel and honestly we were so excited to go to chankaab park! We went to the taxis and paid $11 one way to chankaab and we went snorkeling! It was amazing there! We enjoyed the dolphins, seals, crocs, snorkeling, everything! If we go back to Cozumel we will go back there! I had a blast even with the 30 minute monsoon! Lol. We went back to the port and I used the free wifi at the fat Tuesdays and we did a little shopping. Back on the ship we played in the casino and enjoyed pizza for dinner! :). We came back to the room to find that once again another excursion was cancelled. At this point I was very upset! We only booked two excursions and both were cancelled and the recommended replacements cost more than the original! We went staring to guest services who sent us to the excursion counter. We had been told all day to book am excursion in Belize because you don't want to go anywhere on your on there and here they are canceling our excursion. Grrrr. I began speaking with a very nice lady who obviously didn't know what to do for me and kept apologizing. Then a man took over for her and claimed he was the excursions manager. The reason I was upset is because I researched and reviewed the many excursion choices and frankly I didn't just pick them out on a whim. I wasn't able to research on the boat thanks to no internet unless I wanted to pay for it and the reasons our excursions were cancelled are reasons we should and could have been notified In advance for! Our Roatan excursion was cancelled because the person in charge of it "needed to get his act together and it has been cancelled for severL weeks now" and the Belize excursion was cancelled because "there were only 5 people booked on the excursion. I honestly felt like the manager could care a less how I felt and honestly wanted me to go away. He even said "I don't think that there is anything I can do or say that will make you happy". This honestly took me aback and I just looked at him and asked hi. How he would feel in my situation. He asked what I wanted and I told him that I would reluctantly take the recommended excursions but I wanted them at the same price I paid for the originals. One was cheaper so we left it as the cheaper but the Belize one was more and he said he would happily comp it. Honestly I left that experience having a very bad taste in my mouth about carnival and thankfully it got way way way better! Day 4 was Belize and this is the day we did the Carnival Excursion of snorkeling wonders of the barrier reef! It was amazing and if you love snorkeling you should do this excursion! We saw many fish and coral and I was very satisfied with this excursion! We had plenty of time to check out the port and I again used the wifi! :). (You can tell what motivates me in port!) Honestly the port of Belize is not very nice and your not missing much if you opt not to see it. It's very run down and I wasn't a huge fan of the port. When we arrived back on the boat we were very excited because we opted to reserve a table In the steakhouse! The steakhouse charges you $35 extra per person to eat there. I have heard nothing but great reviews about it and I was super interested in trying it! I don't know if it is just me or what but the food was too fancy! There was not an appetizer I liked and the compliments of the chef was nice but not good either! I felt bad especially since our server pointed out every time I didn't eat everything on my plate but I am a southern country girl and l guess cheese sticks is not a suitable appetizer! Lol. I got the filet and it was very good! Slightly over cooked nut good none the less and I good full from it! Who needs and appetizer anyway! I have decided that the reason that the appetizers are crappy is because the main course is so large! Lol. For desert we were stuffed and got a cheese cake Togo and a chocolate sampler thing! It was ok. But neither were exceptional. Again I blame this on my lack of taste and not on the restaurant. All in all I am glad we went but I will not be back. Day 5 was Roatan and we did the carnival excursion of museum, cameos, and village. It doesn't have very good reviews and that is why I didn't pick it out originally but as you know from the beginning we like to experience the history and culture of the places we visit and honestly I liked the excursion! The stops were not that great but the drive to each location was a tour of the island with information from our tour guide. I personally enjoyed it very much! Again I would never do that excursion again but I would recommend it to any newbie that wants to experience the island. When we got back to the port we shopped some more and then we paid for the chair lift to the beach! This is a must in roatan! Why walk when you can ride in a magical chair lift...or I think that's what they call it! Lol. Next time we go to Roatan we will go to the beach and pay for the blue lagoon private beach! :). It also has wifi included. Lol. We went back to the boat and enjoyed some more guys and pizza. :) Day 6 was costa maya and the port there was beautiful! We went to tropicante and I loved it there! We spent our time laying out on the beach and snorkeling. Then a $2 taxi ride back got us back in port for more shopping. :). On the boat we watched another show and did I mention how awesome the performers were? We enjoyed several rounds of trivia and also casino time! :). Day 7 was a day at sea and I took advantage of the towel animal folding class and the towel animal theater! It was fun! I love the towel animals! Several of our towel animals were lost due to moving them and my hubby asked our awesome steward to remake the lost ones and he happily did it! :). This is the customer service I am used to! We played trivia and bingo which we won twice and we again hit the casino! The quarter machines are evil and ver addicting! Don't do it if you haven't because once you do you have to again! Lol Our ships cruise director was Brittany, and she was very professional and energetic! I couldn't however shake the feeling that our ship was ran by a bunch of teenagers! I am sure the staff under here were not teenagers but they sure seemed like it. I will say this though, and that is that they were amazing! Always friendly, always knowledgeable, and always happy! Maybe we need more younger people lol! We have already booked the liberty again for February next year and let's hope that my excursions are not cancelled and that this time they have ice cream cones!

Carnival Liberty 5-17-2014 Great Cruise But Room For Improvement

Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by shelly21183

shelly21183’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Liberty price drops

When we walked into our room we were very happy. We didn't have a couch but the balcony's lounger made up for it! To me the room seemed small because there was not much room to walk around in there however my husband thought it was the same size as a normal room. I still beg to differ. Lol. But the balcony to me was worth the lost space. This was our first time in a balcony room and we just loved it! While we were In port and since we were on the starboard side of the ship we were able to see 3 dolphins and 2 manatees. It was so cool! We also found out we were neighbors with two more people from our cruise critic group! Yay more friends!!
  Carnival Liberty Deck Plans