3. MSC Divina
Just returned from a two night cruise, (it was billed as a get aquatinted cruise) its was my first time on MSC and frankly it will be my last. While the ship was wonderful, with the exception of the shows and cabin steward about everything else was either second rate or a disaster. The MSC web site was about as bad as I have ever run across. The booking consultants are only available during week days, and along with their poor web site left much to be desired. The check in process took more than an hour after arriving in the hall. Once aboard, we found out we were issued a late dinner seating, while we had asked for early. The mandatory life boat drill was the customary thing but the required bringing the life jacket to the drill. That night we got a note stating very firmly that we missed the drill! It seems that their onboard computers work about as well as their website. Because, of a space issue they booked us on the 13th deck directly below the band shell that BLASTED music (?) until 12:45, making it impossible to sleep, Because of a tour we had to be up early so only got about 5 hours of sleep. The buffet was questionable at best they seem to think Americans only eat hamburger, hot dogs along with Pizza. For Breakfast they serve eggs, only scrambled and hard. Lots a bread, I guess its about all they think one should eat. The last day I was told they ran out of eggs! So lots of bread. The The dinning room "Black Grab"serves what could best be described as dormitory food quality with a limited item selection. My grandson described it as what he gets at college, and his college food is rated by the state as equal to prison food so you draw your own conclusion. The cabin steward was ok but I only saw him twice when he turned down the room. Missing in action was the cruise director, he never arranged any onboard activities. While this was only a two day trip I would have expected him going out of his way to keep everyone entertained because there were many tour consultants visiting this cruise line for the first time. We had one at our table and two at the next table, none of whom were impressed with the food. The pool area was nice, and the the nightly shows were a very high caliber. Drinks were fairly priced, and the tours did not seem overly priced for making arrangements onboard. Bottom line skip this cruise line there are so many better ones available.

Never again

MSC Divina Cruise Review by another_journey

• Sail Date: May 2014
  • Destination: Bahamas
Bottom line skip this cruise line there are so many better ones available.

another_journey’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Divina price drops

Nice room but because it was on the 13th deck the foot traffic and band/drum beats were heard throughout the night. Avoid this deck if at all possible.
  MSC Divina Deck Plans