3. Carnival Glory

Just returned from the Carnival Glory 2/23/2014 to 3/2/2014 7 day Eastern Caribbean cruise.

The dining experience was exceptional in both my wife’s & my own opinion. The wait staff was attentive, polite & efficient. The Maître Di and his assistants were very accommodating. We have cruised most other lines with the exception of HAL & Cunard & found that on most Carnival cruises the menu, selection & preparation to be superior.

Took a Carnival excursion through San Juan stopping at Don Q for a drink & then on to a tapas bar for drinks (Mohito & Rain Forest) and then a basic Salsa lesson & demonstration. Really great tour & highly recommended.

The only negative aspect of the cruise, which for us is a serious one, was the lack of ballroom dance venues. Two areas were available neither of which was optimum for ballroom dancing being either too small for anything other than a limited tight East Coast Swing or a rumba. The Club Casino was situated on a major thoroughfare on the promenade deck with passengers making their way fore & aft on the only passage-way available and the marble tile floor was totally unsuitable for dancing. To add insult to injury while the music provided was fine two other rooms, the Ivory Club & the Bar Blue were not utilized at all. On most other Carnival cruises the Ivory Cub, sometimes called the Havana Bar was a great place to dance just about anything. We did though use these venues during the day to practice, which my wife says I really need.

We were really anticipating the opportunity to dance and were sadly disappointed. We have noticed on Carnival, Princess & Celebrity a general lack of availability to dance ballroom. If this continues we will vote with our feet, hopefully together & in time.

Exceptional but for lack of ballroon dance venues

Carnival Glory Cruise Review by teabags2