3. Brilliance of the Seas

I am an experienced cruiser having cruised 5 cruise lines and almost 20 total cruises. Ny wife and I decided that we had enough of the Caribbean and wanted to do something a little different so we chose the 7 night cruise to Halifax, St. John, Bar Harbor and Portland. It was well worth it.

The ship was in very good condition given her age. A key point to be made about teh ship is that the crew or most of the crew wants to be on that ship because you can see the world or a good part of it since the Brilliance spends part of teh year in Europe and part in the US. This is more appealing to some crew members rather than just circling the same islands in the Caribbean all year.

Three out of four ports were fantastic. The best of Halifax tour is not to be missed. What a great city. Bar Harbor and Portland in Maine are truly memorable and the tour to Kennebunkport is very special.

On board the ship we ate everywhere. We tried my time dining for the first time and it was not our cup of tea.

Ritas Cantina is nothing like Ritas on the Oasis and Allure ships.Just drinks and appetizers with little to no atmosphere.

Boston's port was easy to get to from the airport. Getting on and off was not a problem.

Seas were extremly calm and weather was great.Just cool enough that it made getting into the pool an adventure. Entertainment on board was typically good RCCL fare. The Centrum is the heartbeat of activity on most nights. A deceidely older crowd on these fall cruises with very few children.

Enjoy!!

A nice change of pace

Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by bob61511

Enjoy!!

bob61511’s Full Rating Summary

Fairly good location. I prefer to be a bit closer to the elevators and stairs.

Brilliance of the Seas Deck Plans