3. Emerald Princess
I am sailed 7 times in 10 years. I have sailed with Celebrity (a long time ago) and Royal (about 7 years ago). All other cruises have been with Princess. I always thought that Princess was a bit better in every way. While I do not know if other lines have improved or declined, I can say that Princess is declining. It seems like they are trying to save money and hoping we do not notice. Well, guess what-I do. Let me start with the food- Mass produced food is difficult to stand out- I get it. I usually found something very good at every meals and often many things very good. This last cruise it was harder to find. There were still some very good choices at times, just not as many. This ship itself, is still fine, although there are not enough activities to suit my taste. The rooms are adequate. The friendly nature of the staff is still outstanding. The entertainment however, on my cruise, was awful-and I am being kind here. The only worthwhile entertainment in 11 days was a cover band for the Beatles-who was great by comparison. A 35 minute set left us wanting more. The cruise director and his 2 female helpers were nice people who should be in a different line of work. There- I was kind. The ports were very good and seeing 7 countries in 11 days is just great. There was a ventriloquist who was sooooooo baaaaaaaaaaad. Look him up online and he writes his own reviews and blocks you tube comments. It seemed like the Carnival Company was trying to recoup some lost money from their mishaps.

What happened to Princess?

Emerald Princess Cruise Review by skihowie

The friendly nature of the staff is still outstanding.
The entertainment however, on my cruise, was awful-and I am being kind here.
The ports were very good and seeing 7 countries in 11 days is just great.
skihowie’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Emerald Princess price drops

Cabin A436
The cabin is a bit dated but still nice. The shower is very small. The steward was very good and we rewarded him for his excellent service. We were in the center of the ship and the ride was exceptionally smooth.
  Emerald Princess Deck Plans