3. Vision of the Seas
My sister and I just completed a five day visit in San Diego and a 15 day Panama Canal cruise on board the Vision of the Seas. The only negative comment I can make is the terrible check in procedure at the San Diego pier. This has to be improved and upgraded to accommodate the travelling public. The check in was long and tedious and very tiring. Now with that said I only have praise for the wonderful crew of the Vision of the Seas. They sure made up for the long wait at the check in at the pier. Our dining room servers at My Time Dining - Deck 5 went well beyond what is normally expected. We were lucky to have waiters Cruz and Janice looking after us and our wonderful head waiter Gillian as well as Francisco who greeted us with kindness each evening. We always ate our breakfast and lunch in the dining room on Deck 4 and again the servers were 100%. It was a pleasure to have such wonderful servers. They were all outstanding and we certainly looked forward to our meals each day. We enjoyed the service while at the pool and always enjoyed the great personalities of photographers Marli and Lina as well as the young people in the photography department. Their service was top notch. The entertainment on the Vision was excellent and we enjoyed the shows each evening. We were told when we first came aboard that we were going to love our cruise and that we would soon see that the friendly crew would make the difference and it wasn't long before we realized we had made a good choice. We had a wonderful cabin attendant Dwi Santosa from Indonesia looking after our cabin and his work ethic was superb. It is not the size or the newness of the ship that makes the cruise, it is the crew and we certainly lucked out with this group. We enjoyed meeting Captain Liz Lauritzen and found her to be so friendly and accommodating towards her passengers. She is a humble woman and I could see she was certainly respected by the ship's officers. She was always willing to share her time with the passengers and never seemed to be in a hurry to get away. She spent time with her passengers and she was anxious to know that you were enjoying your time on the ship. I was once told the atmosphere on a ship is directed by those from the top down and you could easily see how well everyone on the Vision of the Seas worked well together to insure our cruise was a wonderful occasion. The 15 year old ship is going in for a refit in Spain this coming September and will then be based in Colon, Panama later this fall. I hope to sail on the Vision of the Seas again and I hope most of the crew will be there. I would say this was one of the best cruises for me. I thank the crew for their dedicated service. It was a job well done. I wish you all happy and safe sailing. No complaints from us. We loved every minute of the 15 day cruise.

Vision of the Seas - Fantastic Crew - Wonderful Atmosphere

Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by ladyslippertraveller

ladyslippertraveller’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Large Ocean View Stateroom
Cabin H 3056
We each had an outside view cabin on Deck 3 and it was excellent. Travelling as a single you have to pay more so the balcony cabin amounted to more than what we planned to spend. We were very happy with our window view cabin and our cabin attendant was excellent. We were more than satisfied with our choice.
Deck 3 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins