3. Radiance of the Seas
Arrived in Miami a day before our cruise. Highly recommended so you're not as rushed and tired for boarding the ship. Embarkment for us was great due to booking a suite we went into a special boarding room for the first time and were on the ship at 11am. Booked a "grand suite" and loved the size of the room. Patricia was our room steward and was superb. Very friendly and accommodating. Well worth the extra money IMO to go larger room! It was DH, DD, myself and a friend of DD in one room so it made a difference for us in size. Both were celebrating their 18 birthdays and a pre-graduation gift. What we don't do for our children!@# Had a great cruise and very relaxing. The weather was high 80's in the ports. Cozumel got a little winding and some threatening rain so our excursion was cancelled and we hit 15-18' swells that night which made it a little rough. Heard some people were sick. Don't know if it was the boat rocking or the partying done in Cozumel!! I know myself that I overindulged at Carlos and Charlie's....good time though. Tendering went well I thought at the ports. The dining room food was good IMO and our service was great. Putu and Romina at table 489 were exceptional. Sharon, the barmaid in the dining room was very friendly and attentive. We ate one night in Chops Grill and can not say enough how well worth the $20 pp extra charge was by eating here... the steaks are tender and the service is top notch. The amount of food you can order is ridiculous. Windjammer had a wide variety of selection each day for lunch and tasty, breakfast wasn't always eaten so I can't say what the selection was like then. The scrambled eggs were a little running for my taste though. Didn't partake in many shows so no comment. I was stunned to see RC stipulate a curfew for the kids at midnight!!! Handed the flyer regarding this to you at check in desk. It's about time..... I have cruised before and seen were the kids were out of control and no parents in site. This cruise was much tamer than those and I didn't hear of any shenanigans that took place. The ship itself is gorgeous, lots of glass to view from and very clean. All in all, we had a very relaxing cruise, love RC and will be back. We did book a Hawaiian cruise on sister line Celebrity while on board for next April to celebrate our anniversary though. Want to try their cruises and compare. RC does it right...Celebrity just had the time of year we wanted to travel to Hawaii.

Radiance of the Seas - Western Caribbean

Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by shoolover

• Sail Date: March 2006
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Grand Suite - 1 Bedroom
Didn't partake in many shows so no comment.
The ship itself is gorgeous, lots of glass to view from and very clean.
shoolover’s Full Rating Summary