3. Pride of America
Just got back from Hawaii on the POA. This was our 10th cruise & first with NCL. We booked the Owners Suite. The room was amazing & the additional perks well worth the extra money. I've stayed in suites in hotels that weren't as large as our state room. The Butler & concierge service was fantastic. Our Butler Matthew arranged a private in suite dinner for 6 from the Lazy J & James the concierge was very helpful. Dining: Skyline for breakfast was mediocre at best. The waitress was rude & service poor. Liberty for dinner the food was fine, we had a great waitress named Gracie that we asked for each time we dined there (twice) Buffet well it's a buffet that says it all. Cadillac Diner: Don't even bother went for lunch. The hamburgers were tasteless, the fish & chips I wish had been tasteless, the coleslaw was so bad I had to spit it out, something I never do. East meets West: The teppanyaki table was fun the food great. Little Italy was average food, excellent service. Poolside bars, were nice, service good. An excellent way to see several islands without the hassle of the airport. Shore Ex. NCL doesn't seem to maintain the same level of oversight that Carnival does with it's excursion companies. We booked the Molokini Snorkel trip through NCL. The purveyor was a non profit called Pacific Whale foundation. The catamaran that they used should never have left the harbor. We arrived at Molokini were witin 2 feet of the anchor buoy when we lost an engine. Rather than dock the captain pull the boat out to do repairs, first the injectors, then a coolant leak, then the transmission blew. The captain told one of the other passengers that the same thing had happened a couple of days previously & the boat was due to go into dry dock in 3 days. Both Pacific Whale Foundation & NCL endangered the passengers on that boat. By the time we got back to the harbor for the return trip all of us were quite fed up, the driver informed us that we would be stopping for a 20 minute shopping excursion to buy trinkets. Needless to say no one wanted to stop, the driver finally received the ok to proceed back to the ship. We returned to the ship to late to do any other outing. The last day was quite a disappointment to everyone about that trip. My advice would be to do as we did with our other excursions, do your homework & book directly with excursion company. I wouldn't do this cruise again with NCL, however I would book another cruise with NCL for a different sailing. Ratings: Overall 3 stars Ship:3 stars Suite 4 stars Suite Service 4 starts Food 2 stars

NCL Pride of America

Pride of America Cruise Review by timhoke

• Sail Date: September 2012
  • Destination: Hawaii
  • Cabin Type: Owner's Suite with Large Balcony
Just got back from Hawaii on the POA.
This was our 10th cruise & first with NCL.
Dining:
Buffet well it's a buffet that says it all.
East meets West: The teppanyaki table was fun the food great.
Little Italy was average food, excellent service.
Poolside bars, were nice, service good.
An excellent way to see several islands without the hassle of the airport.
Ratings:

timhoke’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Owner's Suite with Large Balcony
Cabin SC 10002
Pride of America Suite 10002.
Large sitting area, dry bar with cappuccino machine, refrigerator kept full of complimentary sodas & waters. Nice dining area & powder room. Large bedroom, king size bed very comfortable, huge walk in closet & dressing area. Very large bathroom, 2 sinks, amazing shower, separate toilet.
The balcony was huge with a table for 4 people, 2 chaise lounge chairs and a spa large enough for 4 if you don't mind a little footsie.
Deck 13 Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins