Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by KimikoPi
- Sail Date: March 2012
- Destination: Mexican Riviera
- Cabin Type: Interior
Overall, this was a really nice cruise.
Areas where this cruise needed improvement:
- the layout of the ship is old and it was hard to find open deck chairs.
- on sea days, it was windy and cold outside. There should have been more areas to lay outside with wind protection.
- it may have been Spring Break, and there were a ton of kids on this cruise. Way too many.
- the cabins are in this awful pink/peach/turquoise color scheme, but you get used to it.
- One aspect of the dining room service was baffling. When we asked for coffee or tea after dinner, they never brought us any creamer or milk. When we would ask for milk for our coffee or tea, it would be poured into a large wine glass. Does Carnival not have those cute little cream/milk dispensers??
- On the last day, we opted to use the self-assist option and take our luggage off the ship ourselves. however, the ship never announced that they were switching back to U.S. time. They also never announced that the self-assist option was starting at 7:00 a.m. We thought that was really strange.
- there could have been more activities that didn't involve buying crappy jewelry.
- they tried to sell overpriced spa services too often.
- we got beach towels on the first day in ou cabin, but despite having 2 more days in Cabo and Puerto Vallerta, fresh beach towels were not placed in our cabin.
- there was no traditional midnight buffet on this cruise. But they did have a midnight mexican buffet and a separate chocolate buffet during a lunch meal.
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
Cabo San LucasWe just took a water taxi to the Arch/Lovers' beach for two days. It ended up being boring, so I would suggest doing a shore excursion on at least one of the days in this port.View All 1,148 Cabo San Lucas Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Cabo San Lucas Cruise Port Review
Extreme CanopyLoved this excursion. It seems like there's not much to do in PV aside from shopping and sunbathing. This excursion was too short.View All 10 Extreme Canopy Reviews