3. Carnival Fantasy
I just returned from a 5-day Bahamas cruise onboard the Carnival Fantasy. The weather was not the greatest, and 40 knot winds prevented us from docking in Freeport, so we went on a cruise to nowhere at sea for the day. Most passengers were quite flexible with this, and the crew did a great job scheduling new activities for the day to keep everyone busy for 8 hours. I was quite surprised with the overall quality of food and service on this ship. The crew were all very pleasant and professional. Breakfast buffets were quite nice, and given the number of open stations I rarely waited in line more than one minute. Lunch was the same way -- lots of different options which eliminated the long lines that I typically have seen. Dinner in the dining room was very nice. I did get cold food two evenings, but that was because my waiter was dealing with obnoxious people at the table across from us. I was pleasantly surprised with the overall quality -- this exceeded my expectations. The musical entertainment in the loungers was diverse and excellent -- something for everybody. The only negative I really have was the limited range and diversity of the activities on board. Still, I believe people could find something to suit their tastes. And, of course, you always get the "few people" who are quite competitive and play every trivia game to win and turn it into a not so fun event. Not the ship's fault, but they did do a good job in handling it. Karaoke was very good -- up-to-date technology and always drew a big crowd. The KJ was not the most personable, but he was a good host. Overall, this cruise was a great value and would recommend. Given it was Valentine's Day there were not many children -- so good advice to those wanting to go on a cruise without a lot of screaming children -- find an "off season" time when kids are in school.

Carnival Fantasy...exceeded my expectations in many ways

Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by darinsc

Rates
Get Carnival Fantasy price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6D
Two twin beds against the wall made an otherwise tiny cabin feel quite spacious;
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins