3. Carnival Fantasy
Let me start off by saying we had a WONDERFUL time and we had NOOOO problem finding something to do on this boat. Remind yourself that some people like to relax and that is part of the cruise for them. If you didn't know there was a fee to park your car than I believe it is time to go find another travel agent. What port out there is just going to let you park your car indoors for 7 days for free??? Come on, get serious.. Now I understand people are entitled to their own opinion and I appreciate that but when you don't understand basic cruise questions and you said you asked tons of questions that is a problem.. Also your travel agent didn't tell you they take out a prepaid gratuities??? REALLY! You are writing your review up here with tons and tons of questions and answers about everything and you didn't know this?? That is crazy! I agree on spending your money on excursions and Freeport is not that great but that doesn't ruin the expierence.. IMHO there was plenty to do on board that ship that was fun.. You don't have to play BINGO to enjoy it.. Yes there are tons of games but there were normally before or after something else was going on so I can't hate on them for trying to make some money and who knows you might win if you do play.. Okay, I have said my piece, now on to my review.. Day 1-Friday-We dropped off our 2 year old at the sitter and headed back to the house to finish packing up. I hated leaving my little angel but I knew she was going to have fun.. Maybe because she was bouncing around to her different grandparents house all throughout the week.. The drive down was pretty uneventful except for the very enthusiastic lady working the drive-thru at a Burger King in NC.. She was very excited! FUN STUFF.. Got to Charleston about 4pm and checked in to our hotel.. Hampton Inn and Suites in West Ashley.. They had a stay and park package for about 150.00 VERY VERY nice hotel. We had a suite with a whirlpool bath and 2 rooms. Did we need it? Nope but it was the same price as all the other rooms so why not! We showered up and headed to downtown Charleston to look around and find a bite to eat. We ended up eating at Fleet Landing Restaurant.. We knew it was a tourist trap but we are vacation so who cares.. Had some great local fish and headed back to the hotel for a nice sleep.. The wife took a bath and I just watched some TV before bedtime! Day 2-Embarkation We woke up and decided to go find a real cup of coffee since the coffee at the hotel was horrible.. Don't know if I had a bad batch but not good.. Drove to downtown and saw the Fantasy for the first time! Found a starbucks and headed back to the hotel. I took advantage of the free breakfast and we both headed back up to the room to pack and chill out before the shuttle got there at 12.. This was the longest wait ever!!!! 11:30 we walked down the lobby and checked out and guess what! Our driver was there and he was ready to go.. Excellent being early! Grabbed 2 other people and we were on our way.. He dropped us off at a gate where the checked our boarding pass and ID.. Moved to another spot and this is where they took our bags and we proceeded to another bus. Since I did my research I knew you had to board another bus to get to the port.. Got to the port and waited about 20 minutes to get through X-RAY and within 10 minutes of going through that we were on the ship!! Made my way to guest services and put money on the books and we headed to go get some lunch. We opted for the grill outside on the Lido deck since it was a nice day and not many people were in line.. We walked around the ship and bit and then proceeded up to the Verandah deck to check out our cabin. We were in V40 which is an inside stateroom in the BEST SPOT on the ship.. I told my wife she was spoiled because she never had to walk UP to get anywhere, she had to walk either one floor down to LIDO or 2 for the Lounge or 3 floors for dining!!! She didn't realize until we stepped off on deck 3 just to get off the boat.. Then she realized that we were in a good spot. Haha.. Anyways the rest of the day was spent exploring the ship and heading to the Dining Room to meet our tablemates.. Our tablemates were great and had a great time enjoying each other's company.. At 10:30 we went to the Welcome Aboard show and I can understand after a few times of seeing it, it def. could be missed but we throughly enjoyed it.. Most of all because we got to meet the crew and cruise director Rissa! She is great! After that we were exhausted and headed to bed. Day 3-Day at Sea/SUPER BOWL Woke up early and tried to catch the sunrise but it was a bit cloudy so I headed back to bed and watched a little tv before grabbing some breakfast. I can't remember what we really did during the day but I believed we just hung out near Lido pool and watched the sea go by. We opted to skip the dining room tonight and headed to the Universal Lounge to watch the Super Bowl on the big screen. They had it done up real nice in here. They set up a buffet with chicken fingers, egg rolls, fried shrimp, hot dogs, chili and nachos.. Very good. Watched the super bowl and headed to bed.. Tomorrow is Key West! Day 4-Key West/Chef's Table I woke up early again and I tried to catch a daylight arrival but it was still dark by the time we arrived and at that point I realized we did not dock at the spot I thought we would but it was ok because you just had to take a little shuttle to the main area. We got off the ship early but it was nice because we got to get to some places without much of a crowd or business. Made our way down Duval and headed to the little beach at the end. Then walked to the Southernmost spot and took our pictures. Headed back up the st and wife decided she wanted to walk through the Hemingway House. Very cool history here and interesting new facts! Made our way down the st and headed to mile 0. Took some pictures and by this time it was time for a drink. Headed back to Margaritiville and had a drink. Found a little place for lunch which was good and then after that did a little shopping and made our way back to the ship to get ready for Chef's Table. Chef's Table was excellent. It is a dinner with the Chef and 6 other couples. This consisted of about a 9 course meal that started out in the galley and made its way to the Library where a long dining table was set up and we had about 7 waiters waiting on us. The best course was a Wagyu shorted braised rib. Delicious. Oh yea, did I mention unlimited wine throughout!! After dinner we retired to bed to get ready for Freeport Day 5-Freeport Well needless to say we didn't really enjoy this port. It started out a cloudy day and I was all interested in taking a taxi to a beach somewhere but we walked out and decided against it. We made our way through the little stands and stopped at a little shack for some conch fritters and we both decided that we wanted to head back to the ship and head to Lido to lay out by the pool. Well it ended up getting hot out there which was nice because I got my suntan on and I also jumped in the pool for a bit. The only thing I wish they had, was some music playing out there. It doesn't have to be a live band but just some background music. Anways we finished up the day in the Dining Room and headed to Universal Lounge to see the hypnotist. This was hilarious! After that we went to bed Day 6-Nassau We got off the ship and headed out to shop a bit. After that we went to Senor Frogs for a drink and that ended up being about 6 drinks!!!! We had a blast though! Made our way back to the ship and had dinner in the Dining room then headed to bed and passed out!!! Great day! Day 7-Day at Sea It was a little cloudy this day and you can tell we were headed back to Charleston because the temprature dropped! I kind of wandered around the ship while my wife caught up on her books! Went to dinner and headed to the Beatles show! It was good. Not Vegas good but good considering we were rocking. Packed the bags earlier in the day and opted for them taking the bags the night before. Day 8-Debarkation and long drive back to Virginia Beach Woke up early and took some showers. Made sure we had everything and headed to the Dining room to grab some breakfast. After breakfast made our way to the Universal Lounge and waited on our number. After getting in line which was very long we made out long way down the ramp and headed to get our luggage. Went through customs with no problems. He just looked at the card, looked at us, made a few jokes and we were on our way. Made a quick call to the transportation guy and he was there within 5 minutes. Funny how you had to take a bus to get on but you could just walk right off and down the street. Hmm. Made our way back to the hotel and the car was still sitting in the same spot. Loaded up and made our way back to see our daughter. She was supposed to spend the night and my dad's house but my stepmom got sick so we picked her up and enjoyed a nice night relaxing on our own coach and slept in our own bed. Luckily the day we got back was a Friday so we still had Saturday and Sunday off. Much of the weekend was spent relaxing and getting some great much needed sleep. SN about the beds. I love a rock solid bed and so does my wife so to sleep on the soft beds of Carnival it was a little uncomfortable for our taste. Plus the pillows were very soft, so if you like that way of sleeping then you will love it!! Anyways, I hope you enjoy reading great reviews like I do and hopefully this will just be another great review. I can't stand to read reviews where they just blast the ship for this and that. The cruise was PHENOMENAL! Cruise director Rissa was great and her staff was top notch. Orlando Magic is great and so were the other guys and gals. Everyone was very friendly and by the end of the cruise Rissa knew our names and knew our daughters name(Mainly because I was the first called on her talk show and won my daughter a build a bear kinda thing) My waiter and assistants knew our names by day 4. Now I need to remind you that we didn't go day 2 or 3 beacuse of Super bowl and Chef's Table but after 1 time in the DR he knew our name. I would def. cruise out of Charleston again and def. that Fantasy again. It is cozy and not too big. Most of the staff you knew by the end of the cruise and all so friendly! Thanks for reading!

6 Day Honeymoon Cruise!!!!

Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by ddave8220