3. Carnival Valor
I cruised with a friend and my parents. My friend and I (college students) had a wonderful time on the boat. Pros: Easy to "Make Friends": As it was in July, there were a lot of families and young folks on the boat (age 16-30). I've really enjoyed that on my Carnival Cruises. Food/Overall Dining Experience: On this cruise, as with my prior Carnival cruise, the wait staff in the main dining room was amazing. Writing this review about a past cruise, the food back in 2006 was also better than more recent cruises I've taken. Ship: The layout of the ship was nice; the social areas on the lower decks (disco, lounges) were easy to navigate. Cons: Gaudy Decor: It's Carnival; need I say more? Ship Schedule: We arrived in many of the ports early (I'm fine with 8am, but we got into Nassau at 6am and left early). I like making the most of my time at the ports, so this was a pretty big frustration. Medical Care: One morning, started by my 5:30am alarm (see above), I tripped in the state room and hit my chin on the vanity area. It was pretty bad, but I (stupidly) ignored it to see the Bahamas. I tried to seek medical care several times but the infirmary had very odd hours and when I was finally able to see someone, they did absolutely nothing. It got so bad that I couldn't eat the rest of the cruise and it's still a pretty bad scar a year later. It would have been nice to at least have it cleaned and bandaged. Overall, the qualms are minor (especially since the injury was my own fault) and I'd highly recommend this boat or a Carnival Cruise based on my 2006 experience (with the caveat that I don't have a more recent experience). Although due to timing/planing/cost considerations I haven't been back on Carnival, I wouldn't hesitate to book another cruise with them based on my past experience. I'm sure the ship has dated a bit since then.

Great Experience for Young Adults!

Carnival Valor Cruise Review by qcnc

Pros:

Cons:
Gaudy Decor: It's Carnival; need I say more?

qcnc’s Full Rating Summary