3. Norwegian Spirit
We took a cruise to the Western Caribbean on the Norwegian Spirit ~ really disappointed in the level of service and on board entertainment. Maybe I am spoiled as I cruised on the Epic last year (as my first cruise)where the entertainment was TOP notch, the level of service was immediate with positive results. Not so with the Spirit. Where to start? Specialty Restaurants: On the Spirit there is no quiet dining. All the Specialty Restaurants are open to passageways and a lot of noise. Entertainment: Comedy Acts, Group singing ~ just not interesting. And beware, the Spirit provides "Adult" entertainment in the form of a male review and Burlesque (I think this is what they called it). Service: The service people at the main desk and excursion desk were not helpful if you had a problem. Please remember that everyone pays, within a range, the same amount to be on the Spirit BUT Norwegian has this "Priority Tender Service" if you book your excursions through them (I didn't see anything in Norwegian's literature stating we would have to wait for the "Priority" passengers before being let off at a tender port). If you book a private excursion you need to make sure the start time is not before 10:30 am because that's the time you'll be able to get a tender ashore. The port schedule was great and this is why we booked with Norwegian. The other issues made our time on the ship and getting on and off the ship a tedious pain with no resolution.

Norwegian Spirit - Western Caribbean