We took the Voyage of the Vikings that started on July 1st in Copenhagen and ended in Dover, England on July 15th. My wife and myself liked our cabin on deck nine concierge level 4. The cabin was large enough for us and had a nice balcony. My only criticism about the cabin is that the shower was a little too tight for me, I'm 6'2"; I wish that they could have eliminated the bathtub, which we didn't use, and made the shower larger.

We really liked the food; the best we have experienced on a cruise ship, and we have taken 16 cruises on various lines. The specialty restaurants were excellent and the service generally very good. We found the buffet to be way above average for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The dining room was also excellent.

The lectures we attended were well done and the photography class was excellent.

The cruise itself was very good with the ports interesting and the shore excursions generally were very good. The weather improved as the cruise continued which made the short excursions more enjoyable from Iceland onwards. Some criticisms: the embarkation was disorganized and we ended up having to take our large bags into the reception area when they should have been collected before we went in. The shuttle service at two of the ports, Reykjavik and Dublin, was poor because of the long waits for the buses. Overall, a very good cruise and we plan to cruise again next year with Oceania on the twin to the Marina, the Rivera.

Enjoyable Cruise on the Marina

Marina Cruise Review by Russz

Russz’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Concierge Level
Cabin A4 9021
Our cabin, 9021, was very nice with more room than most balcony cabins that we have encountered. The shower was small, however, and the bathtub unnecessary in our opinion since we don't take baths. The bed was very comfortable. The sewards provided very good service and got us anything we requested in a timely fashion. We liked the unlimited bottle water and soft drinks.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins