3. Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
We were anxious to try the transatlantic sailing of the Queen Mary 2.

Other reviews that you read are "spot on" so we won't repeat or duplicate totally.

It was so very sad. There is a lot of attention paid to pretentious formal dress (which is/was fine - we have all of the necessary clothes and jewelry), but nothing much parallels that environment. The food was pedestrian - under/over cooked - serving sizes our watier apologized for - service was slow - one night we waited 40 minutes for our starter.

The enrichment lectures/movies/plantarium are wonderful.

Service at the King's Court was unreal - waiters in the way - ice cream machines that worked intermittingly - coffee/cup layout that had little or no traffic pattern.

Other side things - I had a spa appointment and the stylist told me when I inquired that tips weren't included - they were.

I have a high level contact in Carnival Lines (owner of Cunard) and we did receive a follow-up phone call but clearly she had "drank the kool-aid" or just came from customer service trainging because the call did not express geniune concern for the issues we addressed at all - just keep saying - yes, we understand......

Cuanrd now has competition - great cruise lines like Holland and Celebrity who serve wonderful food and even if you're in a suite or steerage - you truly are treated the same ship wide.

Disembarking was a diaster with no porters - some kind of union walk-out on the docks - but Cunard had no grasp of the issue and it was chaos until the union personnel walked back on - no back-up plan - a diaster.

If you want transportation and the basics - this is a great trip - if you want true cruise experience go Holland or Celebrity - and have less angst and no matter what consistenet service.

Transportation & Enrichment - That's About It

Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by bjkrlk

We were anxious to try the transatlantic sailing of the Queen Mary 2.

The enrichment lectures/movies/plantarium are wonderful.

bjkrlk’s Full Rating Summary